Strange shiver like sensations and numbness

Hi, does anyone else suffer strange shiver sensations? Like starting under your arm and going diagonally across your back. Or across your scalp. They are really weird and my body doesn't wriggle or anything when they happen, like a proper shiver. I haven't been diagnosed yet with fybro, but it has been mentioned several times so not sure if this is a common condition of Fybro or something else. I am also suffering with numbness in hands and feet, which varies in its severity from week to week - Been tested for B12 deficiency, diabetes etc. and all normal. Years ago thought to have carpel tunnel but nerve endings tested okay then. Dr. said to go back if it gets worse...

Last edited by

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there haven't a clue what that could be but fibro is anything to do with muscle and tissue from spasms to stabbing pains and hey why not tingles so maybe nothing to worry about to much, I say this to lighten you up cause I know how something so simple can turn a worry into something it isn't , but just in case talk to your doctor and get it double checked just to make sure love and blessings xx

• hi painaway,i think i no what you mean,i sometimes get a cold shiver type weird sensation on the right side of my head & on the top of my head,its a bit like a cold pins & needles feeling?

• Me too. It's like a wave of goosebumps spreading over my body starting from one place and moving. It doesn't go away as quickly as goosebumps and can really make me feel chilled. Happens regularly. Annoying, but I don't worry about it and assume it's a nerve thing and so part of fibro.

Pip

• yes that's it pip strange lot arn't we lol,i have an awkward way of describing things :)

• I get it too, it's like a cold numbing sensation creeping along my back or over my scalp.

• Hi, thanks for all your replies. I"ve not known anyone else to have this and sounds like could be yet another symptom.

• Hi there

I am so sorry to read of your current situation, as it cannot be very pleasant. I don't suffer with anything like this but I do get the sensation of insects crawling on my face and scalp, I don't know if this is useful to you? I sincerely hope that you can ascertain some resolution to this problem.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Hi Pain-away :)

at different times I get creepy-crawlies, cold pins-and-needles and a sensation like water running down (arms and back mainly), which I'm sure are linked - just different manifestations of the same source - whatever that is, hmmm...

I find it helps to hold the area relatively firmly until it is bearable or passes, sometimes by placing a duvet or pillow (I did say relatively ;) ) - be creative. There can be a pressure point "up-stream" of the area - usually one of the classic Fibro ones or on a nerve back towards the spine.

NB sometimes best not tried in public :D

so don't worry, you're not alone as you can see from these replies, but suggest you mention this to someone who is treating you?

take care and soft hugs,

Frangi xx

• I do get the creepy crawlie sensation also but on legs and head and the cold water sensation too, but not had that for a while.

• Hi there to you all, This seems really silly to say, but I am so pleased to see that other people suffer from the creepy crawlie sensation. I get it a lot on my face, scalp, legs and arms. I find it annoying more than anything since I don't like spiders and feel as though I have just walked through a massive web. I am newly diagnosed, but have had symptoms for quite a while now.

• Hi. I also suffer from these symptoms . I have had an attack twice this year.i suspect one thing, bad pillow or mattress . I just bought a bad matress this year which curves easily in the middle which has been causing some neck pain. This has a potential of leading to a pinched nerve that causes these symptoms.

• Hi. I also suffer from these symptoms . I have had an attack twice this year.i suspect one thing, bad pillow or mattress . I just bought a bad matress this year which curves easily in the middle which has been causing some neck pain. This has a potential of leading to a pinched nerve that causes these symptoms.

You may also like...