Important Information - Please read

Contributions to our community should be within our Fibromyalgia Action UK guidelines & HealthUnlocked terms of use.

I thought it is best to remind members of the potential dangers of solely listening to advice from other members of the community.

As per HU Terms of Use;

3. Medical advice

Our Site's content, or any content on other sites linked to from Our Site, is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Even if another user appears to be a medical professional they are not in a position to undertake a physical examination or understand your full medical history. Therefore you should always speak to a doctor or other health practitioner about your condition and/or treatment or changes to your condition and/or treatment. In an emergency dial your local emergency telephone number (see a list here). Never delay seeking advice or dialling emergency services because of something that you have read on Our Site.

This site is used to share experiences and this helps us to gain more insight into Fibro. Any members giving medical advice are breaking the guideline below;

1.Members posting on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals

2.In posting about health or medical information outside of your immediate personal experience, show a clear distinction between personal experience or opinion and evidence-based information and be careful to not present information outside of your immediate personal experience as fact unless you can back it up with reputable evidence based information sources.

3.FibroAction cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.

Any information you read online in regards to treatments or supplements for Fibro you should always consider discussing it with your GP before any action is taken.

Thank You for reading

Best Wishes

Emma :)

Community Coordinator

Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.

Last edited by

10 Replies

• Thank you for keeping us up todate and reminding us how important our own healthcare professional are- The first line of defense

• I echo gins Emma, thank you for the reminder, our own GPs and med professionals know us best as they understand our case histories.

:) xxxzebxxx :)

• I agree with gins completely and thank you for the timely reminder :-) Our medics know all our history and the complete picture.

Foggy x

• Thanks for the reminder. I think we are all so hopeful of finding things that will help, or prove to be that elusive "cure" that we can become vulnerable to various suggestions and remedies, however well intentioned they are meant. Medical advice needs to come from those trained to give it.

• This is a gentle reminder to all - Please understand that guidelines need to be discussed on the community to ensure ALL members are aware that;

Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.

• Hey thanks for the reminder I concur with everyone

• Very wise advice, thank you Emma x

• I agree with all those above, thank you Emma for the wise advice...hope you are feeling better than the last time i spoke to you...gentle hugs...Dee xx

• I agree. No matter what our experience and knowledge base is we do not have the qualifications to play doctor.

• Hi all

I totally agree with all that has been said above. If you have a worrying symptom by all means talk about it on these pages, but the first stop should be your doctor, there you will get the treatment from a professional and an expert.

there are a couple of people who are really being funny with their comments about curing people and I think people should realise that these people are not really saying that they have been cured by some Dr with the backing of Duncan but are practicing a really dark humour where they have been treated so poorly by the powers that be that they are actually taking the Mick out of the system.

Just do not believe all that is written is all I am saying.

Take care and kindest regards

You may also like...