Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,651 members50,911 posts

substance p can anyone help here

hi i have just found this site on healthunlocked , i am in the thyroid part, but i have had dreadful strange sensations in the head like presure building up until i think my head will burst, i have throbbing in the brain stem and throbbing and tingling in all my nerve endings.. no one is understanding and no one is listening, i am just being fobbed off, it starte d3 years ago after what i think was an adrenal crash, low cortisol i was very very ill and was on a weeks supply of steriods to stop swelling in face and then after i came off the staeriods i just started twitchin tingling and these strange intolerable head pressures started, i have no rest no sleep and no peace and practically could jump off a bridge.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm no expert but have you been tested for polymyalgia rumatica and giant cell arterist? Not sure of spellings but I had similar symptoms and had these diagnosis took a biopsy though but this process actually released the pressure. Steroids helped lots until I reacted to them still in pain lots but another label opened another source of treatment. Best of luck with getting relief in this. Gentle hug.Tx

no not have any of thiose thankyou so much... didi you have massive pressure in your head and tingling in the brain stem?

I get this occasionally, but was told to take an extra aspirin. This doesn't help at all. I know getting stressed, fearful & upset always made things worse for me, as it seems to exacerbates all side effects. Mine comes & goes, particularly when I have my period. I think it's the chemical hormone change that rocks my boat for two weeks out of every month. x

what and how is an aspirin suppose dto help... i cannot believe that no ine in the medical can help its the same on the endocrine community on here.

You may also like...