fibro pain

hi am new to this site, am looking for answers i was looking up information about fibromyalgia which i have had for over 20 years. i stay in pain every single day , it is the worst thing ever. i tried all kinds of pain medication but it just makes me very sleepy and unable to do anything. i only work part-time and the days am off am in so much pain fron working only a couple of days i can,t enjoy myself and family time.i hope one day they find help for us people who have this condition because it is no fun , i also have osteoartheritis as well and that don,t help either . i have pain in my fingers and my hip i wish i could get a disabilty check and be able to stop working because the work i do makes my symtoms worst.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello,

How old are you? I have those symptoms plus a few other. I'm 55 and

I'm on disability. I'm not sure where you live but there are attorneys that handle this. I totally understand and there's nothing to take that will help.

I wish I had better news for you.

Good luck to you

• Hi Linniebur: Thanks for being upfront and honest. You're right in that there is nothing to take that will help. It's a matter of saying "goodbye" to the life we knew and accept a different kind of life. The pain can get bad at times and it seems like the older I get, the more other diseases and disorders complicates the Fibro. The one thing I found to have helped me was water exercise. As long as I was in the water I felt pain free but as soon as I got on land, the pain returned. I am hoping one day science will come up with a medication or treatment to help the newly diagnosed patients with Fibro. Wishing us all the best with what we've been dealt. It could be worse.

• Please read my reply to Raking 223. I am Jaylee 3131. I just wrote the reply just recently. I hope this helps you too!

• I've been through getting disability and it's difficult. The physician who was to approve the disability was doing the exam. He started poking for trigger points like I was a piece of meat and really hurt me. I started to cry and he could care less! So I blasted him for treating his patients with no care or compassion. So instead of crying and backing down I got angry and let him know I feel pain, I am human, and he was no better than me. (I did not use foul language) but he knew he crossed the line. We are not to abused by anybody ever! I did get my disability. It takes time. Months to a year or so. Maybe a disability lawyer can help you. Usually you have to pay them a percentage after you have been approved. Sometimes you have to go through disability exams a number of times because they are trying to weed out the fakes and frauds. Hope this helps!