I'm a bit confused , I started long protocol was using down Reg spray for about 3 weeks -  apparently I did down regulate but lining thick so waiting for hysteroscopy to find out why. 

the Dr said that nxt time after my results , I will start on the short protocol ( so won't have to down reg just start injections . 

I'm confused, because I've been told my womb lining must be thin to start injections hence down regulating , but if my lining is still thick how can I start injections with a thick lining ?? 

Guess I'll wait and see what hysteroscopy shows ?? That's on 12th April . 

After I was told my last cycle was cancelled ( 3 weeks ago now) I felt really fed up so have been eating crap and had a few boozy nights . But am going back to my healthy ways after the bank holiday . 

1 Reply

• My dear, I know what you're worring about. The thickness of the uterine lining is almost as important as the number of eggs that are developing.

During an IVF cycle, a you will be given different medications that will either directly or indirectly increase the estrogen delivered to the uterus. And more specifically, the endometrial lining.

"The optimal thickness for the endometrial lining is between 10 and 15 mm with it reaching its maximum thickness at the time of implantation at around day 21 of a woman’s menstrual cycle. The growth of the endometrial lining is dependent upon the quality of blood flow to the uterus as well as the effect of estrogen in encouraging the lining to develop. Therefore the treatment approach when working with women that are prone to having a thin uterine lining is to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, increase receptivity of the uterus to estrogen and balance reproductive hormones."

This is very hard to say exactly what you should expect in your position. I hope for better, of course. I believe you'd better wait for the hysteroscopy results, then discuss everything with your doc. As there're so many things established as for the lining optimal sizes, I believe we cannot make head or tail ourselves..

Wish you all the best with your treatment. Hugs xx

You may also like...