Pessaries post egg collection - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK

34,354 members44,081 posts

Pessaries post egg collection

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24

Images are hidden by default on this community.

Previously I’ve used the pessaries up the back way as I read it was easier / less messy etc but I asked yesterday after egg collection and these new ones they’ve said preferably vaginally so I’m going with that.

Anyone else using these ones at the moment? How are you getting on with them?

Also - the nurse and paper work said I should take them 11am and 11pm 🤨 which seems odd but apparently a study to show these are the best times 🤷🏻‍♀️

20 Replies

I’ve used these on both my previous cycles and will also be using them on my third, starting stims next week.I’ve always used them vaginally. DO NOT WEAR YOUR BEST UNDERWEAR, as I managed to destroy some lovely pants in cycle 1, and invest in some panty liners. You’ll probably feel like a 70 year old woman wearing liners all the time but something needs to contain that waxy fall out 🤣.

All the best of luck for your developing embryos and fingers crossed for a successful transfer x

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to saraht23

Lol yeh I prepared myself for that last time and remembered this time luckily 😂

Hi Ariel, I can’t comment on the pessaries as I’m on the cyclogest but I was also told this time to use them either at 11am & 11pm or 10am & 10pm and then when I had the transfer the consultant said I don’t need to stick to that time now transfer has been done and can just use them when I wake up and go to bed x

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to Traceyyyy

O ok, I’ll ask about that then because that would be a bit better in terms of not having to do it when I’m in the office at 11am 🙈 thank you!

GB32 profile image
GB32 in reply to Ariel24

Hey, I used these after transfer too and can certainly agree with the messy situation. I used them at different times and was just told one in the morning and one in evening before bed. Don’t know if this helps at all xx

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to GB32

I’ve since had a call from the embryologist and they said there should be some flexibility to adjust the times after transfer so that’s good, thank you 👍🏼

Hi Ariel24, I have used cyclogest in the past and have prescribed these ones for my next cycle. My main concern is that they are half dose compared to the cyclogest (cyclogest 400mg and these ones are 200mg) and I wonder if it's enough, considering also that half of what we put in comes out!

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to Miracolo2

I’ve been told to have 2, twice a day so it’s the same dose as I’ve had before I think 🤔 because with the cyclohest ones I only had 1, twice a day if that makes sense

Miracolo2 profile image
Miracolo2 in reply to Ariel24

Yes, it makes sense. Then it's the same. I hope they will do the same with me then.

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to Miracolo2

I thought it was strange about having two at a time until I thought to check out the dose and then it made sense so probably be the same for you as well!

Nala_01 profile image
Nala_01 in reply to Ariel24

There’s a supply issue with the cyclogest at the moment so they’re switching everyone over to these I believe, good luck! X

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to Nala_01

Ah ok 👍🏼

Hi Ariel,I've used these on both my 2 cycles, first time I had 2 capsules twice a day, this time I'm on 2 capsules three times a day, both times the clinic gave me specific times to do them on the first day and then I could pick my own times after that as long as they were 12 hours apart (for the twice a day) and then equally spread out throughout the day(for the 3 times a day). They are very messy and definitely recommend panty liners! They are also very good at mimicking pregnancy symptoms I found, as I experienced nausea, bloating, tender boobs and fatigue the first time which was a negative result.

I wish you all the best of luck with your treatment xx

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to HL86

Thank you for the reminder about the pregnancy symptoms! It’s sounding like I’ll have some flexibility to change timings from what people have said then later on so that’s a bit of a relief ☺️ thank you!

Hi use these 😊 am getting on with them ok, I just wear a panty liner just incase goes messy! Also my clinic said I can take them any time just has to be 12 hours in between, so I go for 7am-7pm 😀 xx

Ariel24 profile image
Ariel24 in reply to XxjustmexX

That would be perfect for me actually so I’m hoping they say that to me post transfer - I know to ask now because a few of you have said that 👍🏼 thank you

XxjustmexX profile image
XxjustmexX in reply to Ariel24

No worries ☺️ and good luck 😀 when’s your transfer? Xx

Ariel24 profile image

I’ve got a provisional appointment tomorrow (day 2) but they’ll call in the morning to tell me if it’s going to be either Saturday or Monday!

XxjustmexX profile image
XxjustmexX in reply to Ariel24

Ohh not long to go then! Xx

Ariel24 profile image

All going well so far 🤞🏼 just waiting for tomorrow’s call and update!

You may also like...