Hey! I hope everyone is well and coping in these strange times.
I have just had a virtual review appointment with my consultant and have been left pondering which protocol to try for my next IVF cycle. I am really unsure what to do and the consultant is awaiting my decision before a treatment plan can be put together and treatment scheduled.
14 years ago I had long protocol on the NHS using Menopur. This was cancelled due to a poor response. I then tried again with the maximum dose and 8 eggs were collected - BFN.
Last May I had short protocol using Gonal F - 9 eggs collected - day 2 transfer - BFN nothing to freeze.
Last Aug, another round with short protocol and Gonal F, additional supplements and improved diet - 15 eggs collected - BFN nothing to freeze.
So now my consultant is wondering whether we should try the long protocol with the Gonal F but has of course left it to us to make the decision as there are no guarantees this will improve the outcome.
The problem appears to be egg quality. The numbers are okay and fertilisation rate is good but them things go downhill from there.
I really don't know what to do. This is likely to be our last attempt and I just want to make the right decision, trouble is I don't know what that is!
If anyone is able to offer any advice I would be very grateful, I feel in a real muddle and don't know where else to turn.
Thank you all in advance