When to stop Co-Q10/ubiquinone/ubiqui... - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK
18,771 members29,640 posts

When to stop Co-Q10/ubiquinone/ubiquinol?

Hello lovely ladies,

I am due to start my priming in three days, and stimming in about 15-20 days. This time, along with the preconception multivitamin and the extra Vitamin D, I have also been taking omega-3 and Co-Q10 (in the ubiquinone form).

On "It starts with the egg" the author seems to say to stop the all supplements before stimming, but, online, I found contradictory pieces of advice regarding Co-Q10, with some people taking it up to egg collection, while other (along with the few scientific studies) stopping before starting stimming.

What do your consultants advise?

Many thanks xxx

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I took all mine until egg collection, was never told otherwise x

Thanks, just realised that I have pills until June 2nd, with EC estimated between June 3rd and 6th. I will keep taking it until I run out. A few days more should not make a big difference (I took since mid-February, first at 400 mg/day and then at 600mg day), due that is safe to take during stims.

Sounds like a sensible plan. Good luck x

1 like

Ive been taking mine even post implantation and had no side effects. Speak to the doctor but it may depend on your blood results. I still take vitamin D and omega as I’m deficient in both despite now being pregnant. Hope that helps xx

I was also vitamin D deficient, and the GP suggested to keep taking 1000iu of vitamin D through pregnacy and breastfeeding (if I ever reach these stages...). How do you know if you are omega-3 deficient? The GP did not suggest any test...

I don’t eat any fish so I take omega 3 generally and just increased my dosage when I was trying to get pregnant. The nurse said the dosage I’m on is fine and I can continue.

1 like

You may also like...