Fertility Network UK
17,224 members27,656 posts

Missed ovulation day

Rant alert! So my husband was away yesterday which was ovulation day... Completely missed out on our best chance this month and I'm raging! 😂 Please tell me I'm not completely crazy for reacting so strongly? Especially since we most likely won't conceive anyway as we never have!! Eugh... TTC madness!!!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Aw it's frustrating and sometimes feels like we do all the planning, worrying and hard stuff but best try to just let it go. Falling out with him not gonna help. If you're overreacting we all do it. One of the worst things about this is the strain it puts on relationships. I hope you make up. Maybe just take the pressure off yourself this month...like you say we all been timing it perfectly with no success anyway so its not the end if world. Know how you feel though.x

2 likes

We haven't fallen out but he knows I'm feeling frustrated today... Don't think it helps that we're just back from visiting our week old neice. Lots of cuddles and she's beautiful, but it's hard to fight the feelings of deflation!

Totally understandable. Babys are hard to be around. Have a nice sofa/pampering evening and be good to yourself. Your time will come.xx

1 like

Hi did you get the chance to bd before ovulation?

Yes on Wednesday. Think we're out this month.

I conceived the days before we didn’t bother on ovulation day but did if the day after too. Always a chance x

2 likes

My hubby was away with work for two nights around ovulation this cycle. I was pretty frustrated so can empathise with you raging.

I’m not holding out much hope but everything I have read says that the six days are fertile too so don’t completely give up on this cycle. xxx

1 like

I'm glad I'm not alone in it! We went in the waiting list for ICSI last week, but we are still trying as normal as you never know!

I wish you all the best in your ttc journey x

I used to be cross with my husband about this but he just didn’t really understand how cycles work and why it was important. And then I also realised that having sex in the run up to ovulation is more important than on ovulation day itself as well, as ideally you want to have sperm already in your system to meet the egg. Remember the nhs recommend sex every 2-3 days throughout your cycle to maximise chances of conception, not sex on a particular day.

1 like

Don’t be frustrated! The key is to have sex every 2-3 days. The experts are telling us to ditch the diaries, planners and just have sex every 2-3 days. This reduces the stress and the worry, takes the pressure of your other half to perform on demand and probably increases your chances because you are less stressed & worried about missing ovulation. Try and take a more relaxed approach next month and see what happens. Xx

You may also like...