⚠️ sensitive post warning. Booking mi... - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK
19,094 members30,357 posts

⚠️ sensitive post warning. Booking midwife appointment done ✅

Hi everyone.

So we had our first midwife appointment today & it went well.

I decided against screening tests such as downs as we are against aborting our baby & will love him or her, to us they will be perfect 😍

I did a urine sample that the midwife to test for infections even tho I feel fine.

I had blood tests to test for blood group, anaemia & infections ( I had it badly pregnant with my son)

I blew into a carbon dioxide detector & it was a reading of 1, so all normal.

My BMI is 31 😳 so I will need glucose testing, craving chips & carbs has not done my weight any favours!!!

Everything else is low risk 🙂

She’s sent off the referral to the hospital for our scan, should hear within 2 weeks. It’s expected between 11-14 weeks.

We discussed flu jab & I booked to have one, the receptionist was so helpful & got my appointment this afternoon! There were no flu clinics but when she realised I was pregnant she fitted me to see a nurse & congratulated us. Flu jab done & I will have whooping cough jab done at 20 weeks.

Everyone has been so lovely & I had such warm responses when I told them our story 🙂

I won’t lie I’m terrified about the scan & I hope it can reassure us everything is okay. I think it’s because of last year & getting bad news last time at the 6 week scan even tho I was expecting it, it wasn’t nice.

It’s a day we never thought would happen. Such an incredibly tough journey but it has been worth it.

Wishing everyone else all the best in their journeys wherever you maybe ❤️❤️❤️

67 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant news jess1981 delighted for you. How many weeks are you now? Xx

1 like

Thank you. I’m 9 weeks. How are you? xoxo 😘

1 like

Oh not long now to your scan. Exciting times ahead. How you feeling? Xx

1 like

Excited & nervous! Hope this is our rainbow baby 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 xoxo

1 like

Great news Jess another step nearer to meeting your baby glad all is going well x

1 like

Thank you for your kind words xoxo 😘

That’s great news just try and enjoy it all 💕xx

1 like

Thank you lovely 😊 Hope you are okay xoxo

Yes good thank you just very waiting - not very patiently lol 💕xx

Brilliant brilliant news. Congratulations xxx

1 like

Thank you 😊 How is your 2WW going? xoxo 😘

1 like

It's going. I have leaned a lot on my acupuncture and kineseology and some lovely ladies here. Tomorrow is otd.... xxx

2 likes

Ooh all the best for tomorrow. It’s very nerve racking testing , but I’ve got everything crossed for you to have happy news. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻✨✨❤️❤️❤️ xoxo

1 like

Thank you so much xx

2 likes

Good luck Camillage, will be thinking of you (and anyone else on their OTD). Praying its the best news ever!!! 🤞🙏👍

1 like

Thank you very much xxx

We decided to just have the dating scan and no screening as we don't care what the result is we have been through too much to give up on this baby. I booked my flu jab but they can't get me in for another 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll get a letter about the scan soon, feeling a little nervous about the scan, with 2 missed miscarriages in the last year I'm a bit fearful of the "I'm really sorry but". Anyway I hope all continues to go well for you Jess. Xxx

1 like

Thank you.

Good for you, why would any of us give up on much wanted & fought for babies, they are far too precious 😍

It’s very nerve racking the idea of the scan but I hope we both have our minds put at rest 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Good luck with having the flu jab, it’s not too bad. xoxo 😘

Good luck xxx

Dont worry sis everything will go well just be positive.....wish u all the best xx

1 like

Thank you, I’m great to tell others to be positive but am crap at taking my own advice 🤣🤣🤣 I think I will give positivity a go thank you xoxo

Great news Jess, congratulations! Good to have some positive news x

1 like

Thank you, hope you are okay. xoxo 😘

Great news Jess!! Really nice to hear how things are progressing! It gives us hope and reminds us that dreams can come true..So glad you are getting good management now- you deserve it! Keep us posted 😘 xxxx

1 like

Thank you so much.

it is so important to have hope, I’m glad I can help others & give the hope alongside their journey & show they can do it! 💪🏻😍 you can fight & win 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

How are things going your end? xoxo

That’s brilliant Jess xxx not long till the next scan xxxx

1 like

Thank you. I hope you & baby are well xoxo 😘

Always to chat about anything xxxx

1 like

Thank you that is so kind 😊 xoxo

What a journey to have got to where you are X so happy for you x

Wow, you have achieved a lot in one day. Your scan will be her before you know it Jess x

1 like

Thank you. Haha a proactive afternoon off work!!! 😜 Hope you are okay? xoxo 😘

I am good thanks, unreasonably excited that our sperm gets delivered tomorrow and we can finally start treatment. 🎉😊

1 like

That is fantastic news. It’s really important to celebrate every victory won 👌🏻 Got everything crossed for this cycle for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 xoxo 😘

Brilliant news. All sounds great. Enjoy xxx

1 like

Thank you, I hope you are doing okay. xoxo

💓💙💓🌈

1 like

Thank you. One step closer xoxo 😘

1 like

Just keep going xx

1 like

So delighted for you, congratulations 😃💕xxx

1 like

Thank you, hope all is well with you xoxo 😘

1 like

Aww brilliant Jess! All sounds everything is going smoothly. Keep us all posted on your journey xx

1 like

Thank you. All the best with your treatment 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 xoxo

1 like

Glad to hear all went well! Exciting times ahead for you 😘😘

1 like

Thank you so much. Hope you are okay? xoxo 😘

1 like

Yes thank you, I am feeling much better xxx

Aww this is great. I'm so happy for you.

You deserve this and I'm glad you've been treated well throughout the day, what a blessing.

Everything will be fine at scan.

Enjoy every minute. Xxx

1 like

Thank you.

I think we will just worry natural after such a journey ,but am sure it will be fine.

How are things your end ? xoxo 😘

Yes, you probably will and I'm sure I would too. Such a long road to get to this point and you just want everything to be well. I'm believing for you that everything will be perfect.

Ok, thanks. I was made redundant on the 10th and I finished work yesterday (official leave date is 6th November so I've gone a bit early). It's been a blessing really, I'll be starting treatment again in next couple of months so gives me the opportunity to get healthy again. Xxx

1 like

Thank you.

I’m sorry to hear that, I have been made redundant twice. It’s not nice. I am glad you are finding the positives from it. It can be very difficult managing hospital appointments & work. Know that one 🤦🏽‍♀️at least you won’t be so stressed & give it your all. I’m sure something will turn up soon for you. It will be quite nice for you to relax before starting again, treatment & trying aren’t stress free that is for sure!!!

When are you starting again? xoxo

Lovely news hope the weeks pass quickly for u x

1 like

Thank you. Always waiting 🤣🤣🤣 how are you now? Hope the spotting has eased up. xoxo 😘

Stay positive, sending lots of love 😘

1 like

Thank you, will try!!! All the best with you, hope you get happy news soon. 🤞🏻xoxo 😘

Thats fab Jess!!, im so happy for your news. Congrats for getting this far❤👍🤗 glad to read all went well at the midwife apt. Sounds like a productive day xx

You give such sound advice to others, like you said yourself, its time to be positive. Enjoy your pregnancy, smile, laugh, celebrate each milestone 🤰🏻

Heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy (God willing) 🙏xxx

Ps im still testing....its down to 1 a week now... i dont think i will stop until the dating scan.

1 like

Thank you what a lovely reply.

You are right, that is a nicer way to look at it, enjoy each milestone. And to get to the midwife is good 🙂

Haha I’m still testing too- my tests are are stronger in the afternoon! I hide them from my hubby 🙈 the things we do 🤣🤣🤣

When are you seeing the midwife? You should be able to book up to see one now you are 8 weeks. xoxo

Yes i have a GP apt tomorrow. I think he/she will refer me to midwife x.

Hope Camillage shares some good news today and anyone else who has their OTD today. X

1 like

Me too 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Good luck at your doctors appointment keep us posted xoxo

Great news, another step forward 💕xx

1 like

Thank you 🙂 xoxo

congrats Jess and OH. SO holding thumbs, crossing fingers and sending tonnes of love and good positive vibes your way for this little one. My BMI will be the same though I will NOT be doing flu job or whooping cough jab. I will NOT do glucose testing either....rightly or wrongly I don't do the NHS shit anymore as we are going private all the way to birth when we get that far. Anyway, that aside...this moment is about you and yours. Best wishes.

1 like

Thank you for such a kind reply. And get your frustrations with the NHS- it took them nearly 6 years of us trying to find my endometriosis was the cause of our infertility 🤦🏽‍♀️ - luckily our second nhs fertility doctor was much more efficient & proactive than our first nhs one - who was disinterested to say that least 🤦🏽‍♀️. It’s time you lose that you will never get back again 🤦🏽‍♀️ but suppose you have to move on don’t you. We got there in the end which is all that matters & I am sure you will too. ❤️It will be worth the fighting to get there & do whatever feels right for you & baby. ❤️Everything crossed for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻xoxo 😘

Amazing!!!!! Congratulations - so pleased that everything is going well for you :) xxx

1 like

Thank you all the best with the rest of your pregnancy & birth. xoxo

Wonderful news good luck to you my lovely xxxxx

1 like

Thank you. I hope you are as okay as can be xoxo

Ah that’s good. Im sure your scan will be fine. Not long to wait now either!

I had mine yesterday and left feeling rather annoyed but that’s another story! Hope I get a different midwife at my next appointment! Xx

You may also like...