Bleeding gums, is this a sign or has ... - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK
19,817 members31,629 posts

Bleeding gums, is this a sign or has 2ww really sent me insane?! 🤔🤣

jess1981
jess1981
20 Replies

I’m sorry to post, I can’t say to this friends or family coz they’ll think I’m mad! 🤣 but I know you here get it!

I woke up this morning feeling very down & convinced myself that I would be out but I have plan b! which is a private thyroid antibodies blood test a week Sunday & back to fertility clinic next month ( my tsh is raised at 3.32 but fertility doctor won’t issue thyroid meds unless my antibodies are out of whack & to get that on NHS I would have to suffer another loss- 1 CP is enough!)

So as I tell myself I’m out but it’ll be okay ( as okay as any of us can be) I get up & see my gum is randomly bleeding ( which Dr google says can be a sign ) I’ve not injured my tooth & they are all in good health ( had 2 bad teeth taken out in June)

I’m day 26 & because clomid made me ovulate I have 4 more days to go! Really want good news but scared to hope. I hate this time of month it’s very difficult.

Good luck to everyone on this journey ✨✨✨ xoxo

20 Replies
oldestnewest
Snuggles144

The 2ww is horrible. I don’t know for sure as early as the 2ww but later in pregnancy your gums soften so could be a cause later. Maybe earlier too? Who knows if you have hope go with it. Fingers crossed for 4 days xxx

1 like
jess1981

Thank you, it sure is! Hope all is okay with you? xoxo

1 like
Cinderella5

Ha ha ha we all love sign searching dont we and sorry but Ive no idea whether its a sign or not?! I really hope your bloods come back so your fertility Dr does something with your thyroid. Seems a bit rubbish he wont try on a a low dose of Levothyroxine. Wishing you so much luck! Oh and if it makes you feel any less insane,🤪 Im search for signs too.....but I actually cant find anything that is giving me hope apart from being late.....period still hasnt arrived and on day 40 now!?!😂😂 xx

jess1981

Thank you.

I’m only have bloods done if AF shows ( she probably will 🤦🏽‍♀️)

I know it’s very annoying re thyroid because he agreed it shouldn’t be over 2.5 but said he’d only be concerned if my thyroid antibodies were out?! And they’d only test that if I lost another baby WTH 🤬

Oh my goodness day 40?! What is your normal cycle length? Have you tested yet? Really hope it’s good news for you ✨❤️ xoxo

1 like
Cinderella5

Yeah, not great when saying they will only help if you suffer another lose....pretty disgraceful really!! Its bloody hard enough to fall pregnant far less have to endure a miscarriage.

My usual cycle is around 29 days.....I eventually did a test at 1 week over that but negative, knew it would be....Im not that lucky! I think my cycle is probably just messed up from the drugs and I ovulated late - that's a guess as I dont check and dont get any obvious signs.xx

jess1981

Thank you, yeah it was a horrible thing to say! It is definitely worth paying £70 to see if there is an issue there.

Are your cycles normally regular? Maybe get a blood test with your GP?It does seem odd to miss a period of your cycles are regular.

I know a lady who had negative tests till she was over 6 weeks gone, it can happen!

I also had no symptoms with my first or second pregnancy. Both felt like my period was coming. xoxo

1 like
Cinderella5

Definitely money well spent.....hopefully you wont need it!!

I think I'll need to give it a little longer until my GP will do much, will take long enough to get an appointment anyway. My cycles are usually regular....maybe Im starting the menopause at 40?! Ha ha ha I dont feel anything, dont feel periody or anything, nothing really. God my damn body is a mystery!!xx

Sunshine92

Oh my goodness! I too am on day 26 of 30 day cycle and although no bleeding gums (hope you’re ok!) i too am symptom searching!

1 sore boob (odd not both but hey ho!) occasional cramps that have come and go over the past 2 days but otherwise nothing else. Waking up like a nervous wreck every day waiting for the temp drop is agonising!

Keeping everything crossed for you - cycle buddy!! 😊 x

1 like
jess1981
jess1981
in reply to Sunshine92

Thank you.

I too am keep nervously taking my temperature so far it’s okay but don’t know when it starts to drop before period have never charted before! 🤔 my heart skips when I go to 👀 at the temperature 😱

The bleeding gums stopped & was over quickly very odd!

My nipples are super sensitive & sore ( I normal get breast pain before period but not nipple pain!!) I’m not sure if it’s the clomid that month I took or a sign?! 🤔

I had lower cramps like you Wednesday too! Not really painful, normally I don’t get period cramps till AF is here!!! 🤔Is that normal for you?

I’ll feel better once I know either way this guessing game is no fun!!! Sure you will too🤣 limbo I find much worse.

Keep me posted cycle buddy , fingers crossed for us both 🤞🏻🤞🏻✨✨❤️xoxo

JOSANDY40

As you may remember I have had thyriod issues as well. it returned to normal after 3 mths. I have had issues with my gums and teeth as well. Mine was all to do with a autoimune effect related to my Endo and the odd way my body works. Usually for me its a sign of stress or exhaustion. When I did have a positive pregnancy test I started to grow a wisdom tooth.

Sunshine92

Mine have varied! I normally ovulate on day 21 and notice temp starting to dip around day 29 then come on 2 days later. Having looked back at my charts though on one of my cycles temps stayed high then all of a sudden dropped by 0.8 then I came on later that day.

Not sure whether its the vitex agnus castus, inositol or reflexology which i have started this month but something has worked and made me ovulate a bit early at day 16/17 so i’m not sure what to expect for the rest of my cycle 🤷🏻‍♀️

All your signed sound positive so fingers crossed 🤞🏼 hope you’ve got lots of plans this weekend to keep you busy 😬

Will keep in touch xx

AJJ123

It might be a sign although it could be a mean coincidence. Google comes up with all sorts, I have convinced myself many times it was my month and had tears in the end. Good luck though, it might just be your time xx

Hidden
Hidden

Speaking as a dental hygienist, bleeding gums always indicates inflammation either gingivitis or periodontitis , so give the area where it it bleeding a good clean using floss or brushes in between and brush where the gums meet the tooth.

You can get pregnancy gingitivitis and I did have one patient who was gum disease susceptible under going ivf and she had quite a lot of marked bleeding from her gums with swelling, Which we presumed were the hormones. Hormones basically make your gums more sensitive to the plaque that is there, so just make sure you are brushing really well.

Hope you get the result you want

Xx

1 like
jess1981
jess1981
in reply to Hidden

Thank you.

It only lasted a few minutes & hasn’t happened since. Very odd! I do use an electric toothbrush twice daily , floss & use mouthwash.

Hope you are okay xoxo

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to jess1981

If it’s a one off then I wouldn’t worry about it, you could of just traumatised the gums.

It’s regular bleeding which is the sign of inflammation.

HealthyEmski

Jess, I've never heard of a fertility doctor waiting for another miscarriage or for you to have an autoimmune condition before prescribing Levo. ( Levo's relatively cheap ( Private prescription approx £12.00 for 28 25mcg).

I actually found out I had a thyroid problem through my fertility doctor ( my GP had dismissed my fluctuating TSH levels because they had never reached over 10 ( guidelines a few years ago). The fertility doctor thought my TSH of 2.7 was a bit high and started me off at 25mg.

2.5 years later I take 150mg Levo ( and have Hashimotos). Still trying to conceive.

Maybe have another chat with your fertility doctor or try another clinic.

jess1981

Thank you.

He’s very good & I do try to trust his opinion. My TSH is within normal health range but should be under 2.5 for TTC. I’m not going to lie it does worry me & wonder if it’s having an impact on ttc. He says unless the thyroid antibodies are affected I shouldn’t worry. 🤔The thyroid antibodies blood test is something they’d test if I had another miscarriage & he had been kind enough to offer miscarriage tests after 2 losses most say 3 losses ( I’ve only had one which he says is just unlucky )If my period comes I will have this test done privately & take my results to see him next month!

Has the Levi made a difference? My tsh is 3.32 xoxo

Smang

Everyone’s body is different. I have my fingers crossed it’s the bleeding gums is good sign for you. Wishing you the best of luck xx

1 like
jess1981
jess1981
in reply to Smang

Thank you.

I hope it is! No pre period spotting yet 🤞🏻

I hope all is well with you? xoxo

HealthyEmski

To be honest, I'm not sure if I feel better with Leo. Well, maybe a little bit better. Still tired and brain-fogged. My TSH as at end of August was 2.3 and my FT4 was about 14.

You may also like...