Fertility Network UK
16,474 members26,947 posts

Feeling down and hopeless

It’s been a year now since having my implant out and trying to conceive 😔didn’t have a period in over a year so took provera in June which forced a period in July and then had a natural period this month. Doctors have found no issues so it’s just a waiting game but waiting is so stressful. I can’t stop thinking about it and my sex life isn’t fun anymore, it’s turned into a chore because we want to conceive. Feel in such a rut and don’t know what to do. I’m due back at the fertility clinic soon but I’m just frightened and not sure what to expect 😢

9 Replies
oldestnewest

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way, trying to have a baby can put so much pressure on couples. We were told to have sex every other day but it just takes away the fun and you end up not enjoying it, like you say it feels like a chore. Maybe take a step back, what about booking a weekend away and just having a relaxing time, take your mind of things.

Have you looked into clomid or letrozole? They are tablets you can take that make you ovulate, it might be worth asking about at your next appointment. Good luck x

1 like

Thank you, it’s just so hard. Yeah I’ve heard of clomid so hopefully I’ll get something like that at my next appointment. I’m just constantly wishing my life away cos I want to fast forward to having a baby. Xx

Aww bless you. It is awful when ttc and not knowing what's on if anything.

Before DH and I were diagnosed with any issues (it's me with the issues) we just had to keep trying, staying positive as possible (easier said than done) until we knew what the problem was.

Ttc does take take it's toll and it's draining but until you have some investigations and hopefully some answers just try to enjoy yourself.

My older sister took 4 years to conceive her first child and she had no known issues and was on the pill before ttc.... She now has 5 children naturally!!

Xx

1 like

It just feels like everything is a wait and I’m so impatient haha! Wish I could just fast forward to being pregnant 😢 x

Sorry you are feeling down. It's hard to stay positive all the time. Have you thought about taking a holiday or short break?

We are due to start our 5th IVF cycle soon and have decided to go abroad for a week beforehand and focus on enjoying each other's company and surroundings and life for a while. It will be nice to not have to think about treatment and TTC for at least a few days. Fingers crossed it happens for you soon xx

1 like

Ah good look for your IVF ❤️ I hope it all goes well xx

Hi Molly29. So sorry to hear that you are so stressed. You've been waiting and trying for a long time, but not too much longer to wait until you get to be investigated and treated if necessary. Meanwhile, just have sex regularly every 3 days, more often if you want, and forget about timing around ovulation, as that is too stressful in itself. If you want. I can send you a list of questions to have a look through before you have your consultation. Email me at support@fertilitynetworkuk.org in confidence and I will send them to you if you want. Good luck and I shall be thinking of you. Diane

1 like

That’s really kind, thank you, I’ll send an email shortly xx

Hi. I’ll sort it out when back in office on Monday. Diane

You may also like...