Fertility Network UK
16,423 members26,910 posts

Pregnancy symptoms come and go... is this normal?

Hi everyone,

I’ve made it to 6 weeks and have been pretty ok with everything. Today I’m feeling a lot more anxious as my symptoms seem to have subsided, yesterday I was very nauseous and tired with killer painful boobs. Today, feel great and boobs barely sore at all..

Guess I’m just nervous that these changes may mean I will have a miscarriage again. Still so long to wait for a scan and I’m being good and not taking any more pregnancy tests. Anyone else have this where their symptoms come and go? Why is this! Think the wait is starting to drive me a bit nuts and the 13th can’t come soon enough.

Really really want this to work out for us 😐

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi LittleBlue34. I don't think there is anything wrong. Some of us manage to get away with minimal morning nausea/sickness etc and others spend all morning with their heads down the loo!! I'm sure once you've had your scan and met your little person, you will be much more reassured. Try not to worry. Diane

Thank you for replying Diane, I can’t believe I prefer to have symptoms! I will try not to worry, spent too much time on the internet today... my own worst enemy sometimes. Thanks again x

Hello I feel exactly the same. So physically sick when I have symptoms but would take that any day over the mental torture of the days I feel well. Scan next week so hopefully that will put my mind at ease a little. I think this is the toughest part of the whole process. Xx

Thats great you don’t have long to wait now! So many firsts so not sure what is normal or not and have been going a bit stir crazy with the wait. I’ll be almost 9 weeks by the scan! (Away for a week which is why it’s delayed) best of luck for yours! X

Perfectly normal! Don’t worry! I only had sore boobs slight v off and on and they disappeared for a week and I panicked so bad but scan was fine x

1 like

Thank you for the reassurance! Glad all food for you xx

1 like

Good for you, and yes more food is also good 😂

1 like

Glad you posted this I feel the same! Up untill today my boobs were so sore And it’s made me panick! I had some cramping and felt really faint earlier but it went quickly so Im not sure what that was. My scan is next week but feels like it’s been the longest wait ever. Google is not my friend either!

Good luck!

1 like

We need to stay of the google! Good luck for your scan next week and keep us posted xx

1 like

I can totally relate to this.im going through the same myself and the same thought process. I hope it all works out for you x

1 like

Thank you love, here’s hoping we are worrying over nothing xx

1 like

Oh it is such a painful wait for the scan! We are paying for a 10 week private one on Friday just for reassurance before we go away on holiday.

I feel like my symptoms come and go too - or maybe I just get used to them!

I hope it goes quick for you now until then.

xxx

Hey love, that all sounds familiar! Hope the scan on Friday can ease your mind and you can relax and have a lovely holiday. I’ve meant to work today but have spent most of it on the internet googling everything... xx

1 like

Oh no - evil Google :) Stay away if you can!

What a shame you cannot get a scan earlier....could you call for a cancellation?

xxx

It’s my fault as I’m away (also on holiday) during the 7th week... I could pay for a private one but part of me thinks what will be will be and just hold out . It won’t change anything. Also like being pregnant and don’t want them to tell me I’m not! Ignorance is bliss I guess. X

I wanted one sooner than our 7+6 weeks - but the later you leave it the more you see :) So I was happy that we could pick up the heartbeat etc....

xxx

1 like

Yeah that sounds good. Ok, I’m going to actually start working now. Bad freelance person!

1 like

During my first pregnancy my symptoms came and went all the time. It can be really scary, especially being on here and knowing that symptoms disappearing is sometimes a bad sign. But then they came flooding back. I would say try and enjoy the time without any symptoms and restore your energy for when you’re feeling crap.

1 like

Thank you Lynnr54, that’s reassuring to read. 🙂xx

Hey I am coming up 17 weeks pregnant after a FET in April. Early on my symptoms came and went, my boobs would stop hurting for a day and then come back. The nausea for me really kicked in around 8 weeks and that has come and gone too. I also had a big old bleed at 6 week and have a kidney infection last week and baby is still going strong!! I can’t believe how much can happen and the baby be ok so please keep positive and try to enjoy being pregnant (wish I could take this advice). My other half keeps positive as I am useless and have been holding my breath the whole time waiting for things to go wrong. This journey is so hard. All the best girls xxx

1 like

Thanks for your reply! And congratulations on your pregnancy. Sounds like you have been through a fair bit health wise and things still going well, that's a great reassurance : ) My other half is the positive one also xx

I didn't really suffer at all with symptoms, and anything I did get was mild and came and went. You're still early on so your symptoms might not kick in until a bit later. Think my SIL was nearly 8 weeks before MS got her. There's so much emphasis on feeling this and that when pregnant so I really worried that something was wrong, but baby was fine. I'm in my second trimester now and completely back to my pre-pregnancy self and it's only now I realise that I wasn't quite myself sometimes, it just wasn't as extreme as some people. Good luck for your scan xx

Hey JoJo0482, glad things are still going well! I'll stay of the google : ) That time has gone so fast! You are in your second trimester already! x

You may also like...