Fertility Network UK
13,564 members22,060 posts

Surrogacy bots?!

Anyone else noticing all these replies from people suggesting surrogacy in Eastern Europe? Sometimes they are on posts that are really sensitive and they're like

"don't worry dear, surrogacy is the answer for you" "calm down, IVF is painful and it doesn't really work, try surrogacy"

Seems a lot of similar style replies and it's really crappy.

😡

33 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes!!! It is so annoying and I imagine quite upsetting for some people if they do not know it is spam....what can we do?

Everyone on here is so good to write such sensitive replies usually they really stand out.

DianeArnold have you seen the messages?

Xxx

Yeah, they are easy to spot as have the same writing style and often similar sentences! I'm just reporting them as I see them...

2 likes

Ok I will do the same. I check their profiles and it seems like they copy and paste the same responses but never really post anything.

How awful....

Xxx

1 like

Yeah, it’s really annoying and especially when they post on really old posts.

So insensitive and to suggest surrogacy when the person isn’t even talking about that!

The other night I reported 3 and the comments were removed so admin are on it but I think the same people create new profiles 😠

2 likes

Yep, it's rubbish!! They don't care though. Trying to drum up biz for their dodge clinic 🙄

Yes, I’ve seen those too. Not sure what they are trying to achieve.

1 like

I always click report, but I don’t know if it works. They used to recommend a specific clinic but have got wise to the fact that that instantly gets them banned.

1 like

I usually report them as spam too. It really irritates me.. I often think how it affects the person whose post it is. If they wrote on my posts, I'd tell them to F off xx

4 likes

Waiting for the opportunity to do that! It’s really horrible. Xx

1 like

I think they stay away from people who post a lot, but focus on the newbies who might be sucked in - I've never had any on my posts

Yeah, I wondered what it was with them, saw them in some odd places on posts that had nothing to do with opinions about treatment options but didn’t want to report them as some people just have bad English and didn’t want to make anyone feel excluded. However the more I think about it, you are right, they are spam, perhaps if we all start clicking report they might get removed faster 😊

2 likes

I’ve noticed this. It’s all in broken English, very unusual. I’ll start reporting the ones I see because it’s not right.

2 likes

Yea me too... thought i was the only one and maybe being paranoid... very very odd xx

1 like

Tell me about it. I messaged one of the girls earlier to ignore it they are annoying! I keep getting asked to get myself to the Ukraine! X

3 likes

Yes I've noticed these posts!! Sooo annoying! As soon as I see "hi dear, I hope you are fine" I always skip it. Now I know to report it! Very insensitive and cruel to drag up painful posts from the past just to sell a clinic.

Yes! I’m reporting them x

1 like

Same here. Good idea to report. I will start doing that too. I too have seen them on some quite old posts. So so insensitive

1 like

Yep too many lately - surrogacy or ivf in the Ukraine usually. Does my head in, I'm not sure if spam or not but also the people who reply to posts not actually answering the question - answering very specific questions with things like 'yes ivf is the way forward...etc'. Usually very broken English with very English names & never post anything, only ever reply to posts - I'm never really sure. I accept that some people on here are in different countries, but you can usually tell the difference by the questions they ask.

Yes!!! I had 2 on one of my posts. It was from different accounts but almost exactly the same reply. Its so annoying...

Hi. Tell me about it! I had to deal with 44 last night and I have restricted 4 of them. They are so unecessary, and they talk about surrogacy as if you just choose surrogacy as a first option, phone up, arrange it and all ends well every time! Thanks for bringing it to everyone’s notice. Diane

3 likes

Thanks Diane! So annoying for you!!

Hi. Doing my best, but as you can imagine these "evil" people waste so much of my time. They do seem to be coming from the Ukraine, so will see about whether i can legally put a block on them. Diane xx

2 likes

Thank you Diane.

One of them recommended surrogacy to me not realising I was actually pregnant! I find them deeply annoying and wish they would all p£&? off. So intrusive and insensitive xxx

Yes, it seems to go in cycles on here...been going on for a couple of years!! Just report them and dont give them any time or space on here! So damned annoying!xx

Ive been reporting too. Usually I click on their profiles as well and if it’s empty and they have no original posts, then for sure they are spammers. So I’d say anyone who is legitimate (and to the newbies), make sure you have a description in your profile and have at least one original post/thread that you’ve started so you don’t get reported by accident!

1 like

Hahahhahahahhhaa!!!!!! 😂 sorry this is just very funny considering this entire post is about the spam content you are posting....

3 likes

Hilarious 😂

1 like

I thought the same!!😂😂 I'm not sure if you saw another girls spoof post last year after getting fed up with all this nonsense but it's hilarious!! Link below....the replies are great too....enjoy!!xx

healthunlocked.com/fertilit...

1 like

Jaana the spammer!

1 like

Hi. Yes I have seen them and I’m spending 2 hours a day getting rid of them! They just keep re inventing themselves! We are aware of the problem, and all I can do is bring it to Health Unlocked’s notice and see whether a block can be put on, I don’t know. Some of the posts are tagging onto very old posts too. They come in late at night too, different time zones I imagine. Can’t really do anything till I’m back, hopefully on Wednesday. So sorry. Diane xx

2 likes

Thanks Diane and good luck x

Hi there. You are totally right. They are so annoying when you are trying to get sincere advice and there is a totally off topic comment. Go for surrogacy when all i am asking for is diet plan, Seriously! Not only they promote surrogacy, i have also read many negative comments about L***s clinic in Ukraine. I think there might be some grain of truth in their experiences ( if they are not spammers). A few comments seemed genuine to me. I dont know much about this clinic but all i have heard is bad reviews and warning posts. I was considering trying email them just to check out these claims but i could not take out the time and then i totally forgot. This trend is disappointing.

You may also like...