Fertility Network UK
14,728 members24,342 posts

Feeling nervous now about FET 😬

Hey everyone,

Tomorrow is my first scan on the road to having a Natural FET. I have been getting very nervous now about this next stage, mainly that it will result in pregnancy and it’ll end the same way as the last one 🙁

I know I have to do this in order to get what I want so badly, just feels so much is resting on this and trying to stay calm but I’m already going down the “what if’s” route and feeling that it won’t ever work out for us. I try to squash that feeling down as much as possible as I know positivity is the way forward. I have lots of that too, but approaching 35 now and that nagging feeling is ever there...

I also haven’t been able to see my sister in law for a few months. I know she will look so much more pregnant now and somehow I’ve avoided seeing her!

Not really a post asking for advice or anything, just felt I needed to write this down somewhere. Maybe you can relate?

Another thing, I gave up caffeine months ago and have limited alcohol and have noticed a massive change in pain and heaviness of my period, so really thinking there is something in that too.

Have a great afternoon all!

X

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I can relate to this totally. I have my first scan on tuesday for a medicated transfer. So scary isnt it... the what ifs? Will this work? No, sure it wont work? Will i ever be a mum? Ignoring pregnant friends/ family.... so your not alone, i know how you feel? But, fingers crossed it is our time and its sooo over due!! Good luck my love xxxx

1 like

Yes! Hug across the internet to you : ) Not alone xx Best of luck too!

Huggs right back at ya xxxx

I can relate!! Got my one and only frostie transfered yesterday after 2 failed fresh icsi cycles. Also 34 and just praying x on a more positive note its my only blastocyst ive had transfered as other 2 were 3dt. Wishing u all the luck xx

1 like

Thank you and same to you! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hi LittleBlue34. Just wanted to add my good wishes for your scan tomorrow and the rest of your FET cycle. Scary I know, but you're getting there. I shall be thinking of you. Diane

2 likes

Thank you Diane, so kind of you. :)

Sending you lots of luck for tomorrow! Xxx

Eeee, thank you! X

You will be fine. You have got this and are so ready. Xxx

Good luck for tomorrow x

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->I know the nervousness and frustration and everything that takes your sanity. I have been there once. Then I had to move to few medications. But didn't worked. But I won't scare you. My case was a bit different. Because I am older than 35. So, natural conceiving was out of the question. However, I can relate to the jealousy you are experiencing. I sued to shut down everything that could remind me of me being infertile. That included shutting down myself from the outside world. But don't go there. It will be toxic. You need to relax and take everything easy. Things will work in your favor. I am hoping that you get lucky this time around!!

1 like

You may also like...