Fertility Network UK
15,017 members24,905 posts

AF here so FET here we come!

Af is here, right on time. Something to be thankful for at least is I have regular cycles!

I will call the clinic this afternoon to schedule the first scan before the FET.

On a side note, my husband and I spent 2 weeks away in a beautiful place and had an amazing relaxing time and lots of sexy times and I still did NOT get pregnant, so to anyone who says that's what people struggling to get pregnant should do, up yours!

I wish I knew what it was causing our infertility. Agh hate this. Anyway, fingers crossed this works. I'm constantly surfing the line of "I can do this" and "I'll never be a mum"

Will NOT GIVE UP!

x

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Also, please shower my post with positive FET stories. Our two blastocysts were frozen on day 6 as were " a little slower" the one that was transferred. No idea what this means for our chances and hope they survive the thaw...

Wishing you lots of luck x

Thank you lovely x

Hahaha! I thought the same thing too when we came back from holidays! Stupid people and their 'go on holiday and relax' attitude. I understand your frustration at being unexplained. Whilst I was thankful we didn't have to go through some of the horrible things others on here have had to, it just made me feel increasingly down knowing there was little anyone could do for us. I have no expeience of FET but I will be keeping everything crossed for you this cycle. Xx

Yep, there's always someone else who is struggling even more. I hope we all get what we want! Thanks for the good wishes too. Another step into the unknown for us. x

1 like

Haha so funny can relate to that as in previous post people told us 'go away on a nice holiday and it will happen' never did!

Best of Luck with FET!

We are having one soon too.

Xxx

Ugh.. i know. so annoying. even my mum said it! Whatever is our problem can't be cured by "relaxing" and seeing what happens. Thanks fro the luck, same back to you! Come on medical science!! x

1 like

I honestly feel like it is a way of 'blaming' women for subfertility!!

Yes BRING ON THE FROZEN TRANSFER! :)

Positive vibes your way!

Xxx

1 like

Just looking at your story and similar to ours - unexplained and 2 embryos....

I am older than you though!

Frozen here we come.

Xxx

1 like

Same here! AF started yesterday... although very strange as not much flow , which really annoys me as I just want it to be normal and get on with it🙈 we re goin for Natural FET...

Relaxed last cycle and even had a few too many drinks for my birthday/ovulation day and still not pregnant ( I barely drink in general - the whole thing “ i got pregnant when i let it go...” yeah whatever.... 🙄)

First scan next Monday...

Good Luck x

Yep, I feel ya. I may have a few drinks tonight, haven't decided yet as it may not be a good idea. I just keep thinking I did everything by the book last time and it ended in a chemical pregnancy.. maybe just making this secondary to my regular life is the way forward from now on. I kind of stopped living during this IVF thing and generally trying for so many years. I barely drink now too but a nice white wine in the sun this eve would be very welcomed : ) I'm also doing a natural FET so fingers crossed for us both! if all goes to plan we'll be doing things the same time : )x

1 like

Sounds lovely 🍷

To be honest, the nurse at the hospital said that a glass here and there won’t change anything. I was way too paranoid it might affect lining etc but don’t think the odd small glass will change anything.

I didn’t drink a drop last year during IUI, IVF and 2 FETS... and still no BFP ever....

Can always have a spritzer and add sparkling water to the white wine 😂

1 like

My OH has azoospermia due to testicular cancer and we only have frozen sperm for use in IVF/ICSI and yet we still sometimes get told 'don't worry, it will happen naturally, just go away and relax'. Erm...NO. IT WON'T. So I know exactly how you feel! We've just failed our first fresh cycle and have a follow up appointment next week to discuss whether we'll go for a FET (as 8 embies frozen) or start another fresh round. I reckon it'll be an FET though so I would be interested in hearing your journey! Good luck with it :-)

Oh my goodness. You’ve been through a lot already! I think sometimes people just want to say things like that as it’s an easier narrative to deal with. But life is super shit sometimes their platitudes aren’t enough or welcomed! You just need someone to go, yep, this is crap and listen and be there for you. Thankful for this group! And 8 frozen is an amazing number, honestly, I think you will have great chances! X

1 like

Ahh thank you - we were really pleased with the number of frozen embies we had :-) I've been a lurker of this group for a while now, but only recently decided to post and it really is amazing - so nice to hear from others going through the same/similar thing as you! Keeping everything crossed for your FET :-) x

Wishing you lots of luck!!

We’re about to start our fet, we go for first scan next week!! Then hopefully transfer at the end of the month!!

Ours is a 6day embryo too and we have just the one frozen!! Like you we did everything by the book last time and also ended in a chemical pregnancy!!

Fingers crossed for us both! Xxx

1 like

Thank you Lisaworthy1981 we will be doing this together : ) and I'll be routing for you all the way! my scan is next thursday. xx

Thank you, I’m hoping everything goes to plan and our little frozen pea thaws ok (the next worry)

My scan is Tuesday xxx

You may also like...