Fertility Network UK
13,904 members22,867 posts

Getting ready to start again

Hey everyone,

Hope you’re ok. I’ve been quiet but reading your posts. Happy for the happy news of others and so sorry to read all the heart break too. Sending love.

An update:

We have our follow up appt. with the consultant on Sunday (there was a cancellation so had to take this one!)

I have so many questions for them, mainly what could have caused the chemical / early loss at 5 weeks with the fresh embryo transfer. But also what other tests can be carried out as at the moment we are putting all our hopes on IVF rather than natural conception. My tubes may be blocked for all I know and these tests have not been recommended for us despite asking. I’m sure I have endometriosis and really going to push forward with getting tested for this.

I wonder if having endo would cause an early miscarriage?

I’m really scared to go ahead with a FET before knowing everything is ok, it would seem such a waste to put another embryo in there and for it to implant and then misscarry again because of undiagnosed conditions. I don’t know if I’m strong enough to go through that again...

AF is due this weekend if everything has gone back to normal again. Dreading that to be honest.

Sorry for the long post! Hope you are all enjoying the Spring sun shine!

And best of luck to all of those on the 2ww x

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve read a few of your posts and I’m really sorry for what you’ve been through. It’s such a difficult process and really brings you down sometimes. I hope you get the answers you’re looking for at your follow up appointment, I would like to know how it goes. I would defo chase them to do more tests if that’s what you want. I had a blocked Fallopian tube and asked to have it unblocked, the doctor told me I didn’t need to as I still had one working one and it didn’t lower my chances but I knew if I didn’t I would be questioning it everyday. So got myself booked in and had it unblocked. You need to do what feels right for you and if you feel like you need more tests then push for them. Don’t give up, it’s a rollercoaster of a journey but will be worth it in the end 😊 good luck x

1 like

Thank you and so happy you had some good news :) I will push for more tests! Good luck for you too! X

Just want to wish you luck and hope you get the answers that will help x

1 like

Thank you love x

Just wanted to wish you good luck xx

1 like

Thank you, luck always welcome! 🤞🏻

1 like

You may also like...