Fertility Network UK
13,157 members21,280 posts

On what should have been Bb’s due date tomorrow 🎈

On what should have been Bb’s due date tomorrow 🎈

Tomorrow is what should have been my EDD for Bb, who we lost at 10 weeks in September. As with Mini Babba in November, we’re marking the occasion with the release of a balloon, this time a silver one. I was holding up ok until I walked out of the shop with my balloon today and then it hit me, we’re not going to come home with our baby, instead we have a balloon. I just felt so sad at this thought.

To all the ladies with broken hearts on this journey, you are not alone. I feel your pain. I feel your loss.

Vicky xx

71 Replies
oldestnewest

Thinking of you on this tough day x

1 like

Thinking of you lovely stay strong xxxx

1 like

Thinking of you lovely and sending big hugs. We planted a bay tree in our garden on our angel babys due date. I hated the thought of not being able to mark that he/she existed so we done that. Take as much time as you need it certainly is a tough time. Lots of love x x

1 like

We have a tree where our babies are buried. Sadly all of the leaves died so I’ve had to cut it all back, I hope it shows some signs of life soon otherwise we’ll have to replace it. A tree is a wonderful idea though xx

Sending love x

1 like

Today is tough but I believe good things will make you smile again xx

1 like

Vicky I’m so sorry my heart hurts for you. I have you in my thoughts and prayers xx

1 like

Sending my love sweeets..... xx

1 like

Thinking of you both my heart breaks for you. Sending hugs and love 😘💝💝

1 like

Sending big hugs, a rough time for you all. Please keep Hope in your heart xx

1 like

Thank you Evie. How are the grandchildren? xx

They are gorgeous Joseph is now 8lb and Arabella nearly 7lb. Thanks for asking, Kelly asks me about you, we both send you love and best wishes, and wish so much for your dream to come true xx

1 like

Please pass on my thanks to Kelly.. if it wasn’t for stories like hers I think I would have given up already xx

Please please keep that thought, that’s how she felt, we speak of you often, and hope for you that it will be your special time soon xx

1 like

So much love to one of the strongest ladies I know here xx

2 likes

Thank you xx

Sending big hugs my love. My heart breaks for you . Please don’t give up hope that it will one day be your turn xxxx

1 like

Thinking of you, due dates are definitely tough but realising a balloon is such a lovely tribute to your precious baby xx

1 like

What a beautiful thing to do. Anniversary’s and dates are so dam hard. I have so many of them now it’s heartbreaking. Take care xxx

1 like

It is. It gets easier but it never goes away does it? xx

No it doesn’t and know one understands unless they have lost a bubba too. I’m so sorry xxx

1 like

I’m so sorry for your losses too xx

Sending strength to you for tomorrow and every day and lots of love xxx

1 like

Thank you. I hope you and the twins are well xx

We are doing ok, thank you hun.

Got gestational diabetes but it seems to be under control. It's a worry though - like everything with this journey.

Sending you a massive hug xxxx

1 like

I’m glad to hear it’s all under control xx

Thinking of you both!xxx

1 like

Thinking of you lovely sending big hugs xxxx

1 like

Thank you. How are you? And bump? It’s one of those days where I need to focus on the positive stories xx

We’re ok thanks lovely I finish work this Friday can’t wait to put my feet up and not have to set the alarm lol stay positive sweet you’ll get your happy ending xxxxxx

1 like

Wow it seems to have gone by so quick! Lucky you with all those lie ins 🛌 💤 Enjoy! xx

Time is flying lol

1 like

Thinking of you Both Vicki for your baby you didn't get to bring home and hold but will always hold in your heart 💖💖 sending love and strength for you both tommorow

💐💐💐xxxx

1 like

Lovely way to tribute your baby is so tough indeed. Take good care x

1 like

Thinking of you both xx

1 like

Bless you that’s a lovely thing to do to mark the special day. I hope it’s not too difficult for you and you get through it. I know you will, you’re a strong one. Sending big hugs xx

1 like

Currently struggling with attaching our tag with our note. It’s weighing the balloon down a bit. OH thinks it will be fine and float off in the breeze. I can’t help but feel a bit upset about it. Mini Babba’s balloon in November was exactly the same, except it was a gold one and the tag didn’t weigh it down at all. Maybe this one doesn’t have as much gas in it 🤷‍♀️ it sounds silly but it’s making me emotional. I just wanted it to be perfect. Anyway, once it’s floated away we’re off out for the day as I’m off work tomorrow. No point sitting at home being upset xx

Thinking of you xx

1 like

Thinking of you 💕

1 like

Thinking of you xxx

1 like

Thinking of you. Xx

1 like

Will be thinking of you and your OH, look after each other, sending love and hugs to you xxx

1 like

It's always hard to take when the due date comes round as it brings back what you sadly lost out on.

1 like

Thinking of you both. xxx

1 like

Thinking of you! 💛 x

1 like

So sorry and thinking of u xx

1 like

Oh Vicky 😢 how sad but how very brave of you and I love the things you do to mark anniversaries etc. I wish I had that strength. You are both amazingly strong people and I know your hearts will be breaking. Sending you a huge hug xx

1 like

You are strong too xx

In tears now; thinking of you and sending lots of love xx

1 like

xx

1 like

Sending love ❤️ Thinking of you ❤️

1 like

Thinking of you today. What a lovely tribute xx

1 like

What a lovely thing to do, but sad when each anniversary comes round. Hoping for brighter days for you soon xxx

1 like

Sending you love & strength today. I will be thinking of you. Xx

1 like

Hey!

Don’t know why but thought apt to post today. Fresh from the news that Chris Evans having twins!! I knew it was by ivf and it gives help as he’s 52 and his wife is not younger than 35!

Been a hard week as it’s almost a year to the day that my ivf cycle failed and my dad had a stroke just afterwards. He had a mini stroke this week and so it’s felt like is April cursed for us and been feeling likes it’s all happening again. Although it’s not. I think it’s good to look at where u are now and see how things have moved forward. I’ve just had a tube removed and decided whether to get rid of obstructive fibroid. And whether to actually go for it again next year! It’s a big old journey this one but all I can say to you is garnet support around you even if you think you are tough as nails and look after yourself! We are all stronger than we know!! Lots of love Ladies xxx

1 like

Thank you. I hear you on April! My birthday is in April, we found out the day before last year that we’d lost our first baby and then the surgery was two days after my birthday and now we have Bb’s due date.

I didn’t know about Chris Evans and it’s great that ivf has worked for them and given them a beautiful family. I hope they talk about ivf a LOT now, that would be a really good thing for them to do. We need to banish the stigma, ignorance and lack of understanding.

I hope your Dad is doing well these days xx

You are so strong. Thank you for sharing and I hope it went well. You are truly an inspiration to everyone here and I really hope your dreams come true very soon xxx

1 like

That’s lovely thank you. Releasing balloon 🎈 today, if it floats (long story) as today is Bb’s due date xx

1 like

Xxx

1 like

Xx

1 like

Biggest of Hugs 💕

1 like

Sending you lots of love and hugs 🤗. Hard to know he right words sometimes but you are strong and have come so far x

1 like

Thinking of you both today x

1 like

Thinking of you at this difficult time 😞 Xxxx

1 like

Take care today. it will be a difficult day for you but be so proud you are still fighting xx

1 like

Love and hugs lovely lady 💕 thinking of you today xx

1 like

All my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your partner during these difficult times. Lots of love xx

1 like

Thinking of you ❤️

Thinking of you today sending hugs xxx 💗

1 like

Thinking of u

1 like

thinking of you x

1 like

You may also like...