Fertility Network UK
17,958 members28,386 posts

Second morning wee now showing positive again. What is going on universe?!

I can’t get through to clinic and have to work now. I don’t know what is going on but now new tests bought in manic frenzy are showing positive again. Obviously am very anxious now and I am scared to think I am pregnant after seeing those negatives staring back at me. I shouldn’t have retested but it also would be so awful to get to the scan and then find out there that it hadn’t worked? Thank you so much for your support kind strangers. This process is driving me insane. I won’t believe anything now without blood test and then scan in 3 weeks. X I have also spent too much money on these tests now 💸

18 Replies
oldestnewest

You don’t have to wait three weeks for blood test do you? Can you get one done through your gp? xx

I'm not sure. The clinic doesn't offer HCG but I'm trying to see if I can get one. 3 weeks is for the first scan x

If they won’t budge get yourself to your gp xx

You can get hcg bloods done on medichecks for £49 - you would order it today, it will arrive tomorrow and if you catch the postbox collection tomorrow and send off a finger prick blood test same day, you would get the result by Thursday. You would normally buy two so you can do the two blood draws 48 hours apart.

I really hope this is it for you, i got a better line sometimes with second morning urine. The first response test is a little faint if you are past OTD - was that this Sunday just gone?x

1 like

It got darker but not as dark as the control line. Clear blue date one showing 1-2 weeks which is correct I think. X

Hi LittleBlue34. Whenever you were told to test, I would go by that test result. If you’re having all positive results now, then you must be. See clinic or GP for blood test to confirm. Good luck. Diane

1 like

Thank you Diane. So sorry for the drama. Think this process has taken me to the edge of madness. So grateful you are here x

No problem. You will be fine once to get your head around being pregnant! Hope you can get your first scan booked soon, and maybe slip a blood test in before too! Thinking of you. Diane

Thank you. Scan is booked for 9th April and trying to get a blood test before then. x

Brilliant! You will get to meet your little “bean” fabulous! Diane

Is it possible that the first positive was your trigger shot still in your system (did you do a fresh cycle?). Then at the point you got your negative, the trigger shot was all gone, but your hcg pregnancy hormone was too low at that point to be detected... then what you’re seeing now is your hcg rising.... I think you are pregnant (I hope so & congratulations xx) When is your OTD and when are you invited in for a blood test? X

I don’t know. OTD was 2 days again on Sunday and that’s when I got two positive s. NHS clinic doesn’t do blood tests as standard but hoping they will see I’m cray cray and let me have one!! Otherwise will try GP x

Sorry for all the drama. I’m honestly not like this in usual circumstances. I run my own business and generally have my s@“£ together! But husband is away for work until Thursday in the worst timing ever so you guys are so needed right now. Thank you xx

1 like

I think this process makes all of us normally sane, strong women lose our s@“£ at times! Fingers crossed for you x

2 likes

I have heard that, it is sometimes possible to get a negative result when pregnant, but it is NOT possible to get a positive result when you're not Pregnant. So I am sure that you are! But how annoying, that pesky negative one throwing a spanner in the works :( .... Hope all goes well for you hun! x

1 like

So happy for you after the disappointment of seeing negatives. Fingers crossed that all is well xx

Your HCG should double every 48 hours so if you can’t get a blood test then I would test again tomorrow. At that point your line should hopefully have got stronger. I hope it does stay positive. I know the pain of having a positive only to see it turn to a negative a couple of days later and I hope you don’t have to experience it x

Use this like you can have results in 24 hours once you receive the pack

Medichecks - do it yourself blood test cheaper than anywhere I have been and sufficient

Www.medichecks.com

You may also like...