Fertility Network UK
13,881 members22,822 posts

Ivf pregnancy forum??

Ivf pregnancy forum??

As the title says, I’m looking for a ivf pregnancy forum, I have been feeling a little lost the last few weeks, I sort of don’t know where I belong anymore, I feel wrong for writing on here as so many of you amazing ladies have been through a terrible time and I wouldn’t want to upset any one reading about all my worries and concerns but I also don’t feel i fit in the pregnancy forums, some of the questions and comments I find almost upsetting!

Yesterday I just couldn’t resist buying this support pillow, it reminded me that we are carrying a special baby because he/she is an ivf baby! We have been through incredibly sad years, difficult years and also emotionally challenging years to get this amazing miracle! So I think we will forever be on this ivf journey as we will always be incredibly grateful that we finally got our wish!!

I hope you are all doing ok what ever stage you are all at, and I hope you get your good news soon! 💫

34 Replies
oldestnewest

Aw congratulations, and don’t feel bad for posting on here. Personally I find it nice to see positive stories. The pillow is gorg!

4 likes

Thank you 😊 xxx

Are you on Facebook? There's one I'm in called pregnancy after ivf support uk

1 like

Oh thanks I’ll give that one a look! Hope you’re doing ok Hun xx

1 like

I was just going to suggest the Facebook page. Please don’t feel the need to leave here. Positive stories absolutely keep me going, if it wasn’t for seeing them I would have probably had to leave this group and maybe even given up on ivf altogether. Positive stories help me to believe xx

1 like

Ooh are you in there too? I'll have to work out who you are ha ha - you'll probably guess who I am with my worried posts

No honey. I’m not pregnant 😢 Should be, due April. Or should have a 4+ month old by now but sadly neither were meant to be xx

Sending big hugs xxx

1 like

Oh god I'm such an idiot for saying that when I knew your situation so sorry Tugsgirl xx

1 like

It’s ok. Please don’t worry xx

I was definitely the same, I was just worried I might upset someone when I’m worried about every tiny thing! I literally say to myself sometimes get a grip 🙄 I’ll definitely look at the fb one, I won’t leave here tho I like to see how people are getting on, it’s weird isn’t it, it’s like we’re here for each other at the worst times of each other’s lives without ever meeting each other 💕 xx

1 like

Congratulations for having the baby... he/she is going to be really a very special child because after the years of struggle you both gonna love the baby immensely ... like madly. The pillow is really cute. The best part of being in this forum is that you can be yourself... no pretentions, no hiding the desperate need for a baby... feel free to post in here. We all are sailing in the same boat and understand each other, any positive news is a dose of hope for us. Stay well and take good care on yourself!

1 like

Aww thank you, that’s really lovely! One thing I find is anyone whos been on this journey is so compassionate and supportive of each other! Hope your doing ok x x

1 like

Yes, because they know the pain and how it feels to have had futile TTCs. No one can really be insensitive to a situation they have been crying every single day for. I hope no one ever goes through such a painful fertility journey if that can be avoided. :) I'm doing good... my IVF failed so I have to go for donor conception.... I'm on it. Hope there will be some good outcome soon. :) Staying positive for now and counting on it. Please do pray for me! Meanwhile, you stay well and have a happy time. Enjoy your gestation and rest sufficiently! :)

I’ve got all my fingers and crossed for you and I will send you lots of positive vibes!! And you’re right we wouldn’t wish it upon anyone!! Xxxx

1 like

Love the pillow!! 😍

I agree, I do use the NCT forum on here but it’s not the same as this forum. I like to stick around to see how everyone is getting on and all the girls still offer so much support 😀 xxx

1 like

Fertility Friends?? I used to chat to girls on there there was a thread for ivf ladies due March. We were spring babies... to this day 6 years on we are still 'Friends' albeit we set up a secret fb group x

Brill thank you I’ll look for that one too!! Hope you’re doing well xx

more importantly where did you get the fab pillow? I have gone into overdrive on the pineapple purchases sInce our bfp😂😂xx

Lol I had to have it! Babies r us and 25% off too!! Congratulations xx

Thanks Hun and to you..how many weeks ru? Xx

17 weeks now! Still a nervous wreck about everything! Luckily I get scans every few weeks still so that makes me a little calmer! How far are you? This is actually one of my only purchases as I’m still to worried to buy big things just in case xx

1 like

There’s a Facebook group that one of the lovely ladies on here set up a little while ago for exactly the reason you described. It’s been set up as a secret group so that noone’s Facebook friends can see that they are in a pregnancy group (for if they haven’t announced yet or you don’t want friends to know about IVF). If you send me your Facebook email then I can add you to that if you like? A few ladies joined when it was first set up but if you missed that thread or weren’t pregnant at the time then you’d have no way of knowing it existed so there have been fewer new members lately.

1 like

Thank you, I’ve messaged you xx

Sure, can you PM me your email address please that you use with FB. It won’t let me add just using a name.

Congratulations on the pregnancy 😊xx

1 like

Thank you 😊

Congratulations and good luck with the pregnancy.you are on the right group. I love positive stories.

1 like

Thank you 😊

I love hearing positive results ❤️ So happy for you 🌸

1 like

Thank you 😊

Hi, looby. You are right this post may upset some people. But I think it can motivate others as well. I think failures in IVF are common these days. Your success story will surely inspire others. I like the way you defined your struggle. It is indeed an emotional phase of life. I am happy for you. I wish you the best in future.

2 likes

Bless you!! I love this pillow where is it from? Need it in my life!!!!

I love hearing positive stories. Plus Once your miracle is here you may want another one and then you will need the forum support again.

That’s what I did, I had my 1st baby via IVF 19 months ago and used this forum, then recently started again when I had my most recent transfer.

1 like

Gosh I love reading positive tales... and I like to read about the stages you go through. Loving the pillow! I’m sure you’ll benefit from another forum; but do check in on us here xx

1 like

You may also like...