I'd love to know about your experiences of the egg collection procedure for IVF/ICSI.
I'm writing an article on it, and I thought this might be a good forum in which to ask a few questions. The article will be published on my website (theduff.co.uk/), but you'll also be able to read people's responses in this thread – in case you don't want to head over there.
(My site – theduff.co.uk/ – contains a collection of articles about all aspects of the IVF process. I've written it for informational purposes only, and don't intend to make any money from it. It's entirely free and ad-free.)
The questions are:
1) Were you on the long protocol, short protocol, or other?
2) What trigger injection(s) did you have?
3) Were you heavily sedated, given a local anaesthetic, a general anaesthetic, or something else?
4) How many eggs were collected?
5) How would you describe your experience of the egg collection procedure? Did you find it painful? Was it easier than you expected or harder? How long did it take, etc.? Give as much info as you'd like!
6) Did you have any side effects or complications afterwards? E.g. bloating, constipation, headache, OHSS...?
7) Did you take any time off work?
8) Were you intending to have a fresh embryo transfer or frozen? (And what did you end up having?)
9) Which clinic/hospital are/were you doing IVF/ICSI? NHS or private?
I'd be huuugely grateful if you could answer as many questions as you like!
Thank you very much,