Fertility Network UK
14,643 members24,219 posts

Cyclogest pessarys - I think I’ve messed this up 😬

Help ladies!

I was getting tired of the mess twice a day with the pessaries and thought it would be ok to use via the back door yesteday.... but just re read the leaflet and it specifically says to use vaginally when being used for fertility treatment. Am I going crazy that I thought it was ok to use both ways?!! I’m so angry at myself I think I’ve messed this up... was only one day but maybe my levels dropped and if I was pregnant I’m not now? My test day isnt until Sunday.. any advice?

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi

Best thing to do is just go back to the advised way. Don't stress about it. Notice that there are instructions printed on the leaflet about what to do if you accidently miss a time - so loads of people must do that. Take heart and try to stay calm. I am sure some of it will have got through that way anyway. But best stick to the advised way xx

Thank you husband is trying to calm me down 😭 I really hope I haven’t stuffed this up. Such an idiot!!!! They even highlighted it on the hand out!!! Gah.

Hi

When I did the teach the nurse they could be used either way. And it is the same 'Cyclogest'. If your worries I'd give the clinic a call.

Xx

Thank you, I’m in 😭 freaking out I’ve ruined our chances... such a Wally x

I was allowed to use them either way. My nurse said just to use them whichever way was most comfortable because absorption is the same. Don't stress 😊

1 like

Hi LittleBlue34. The drug in pessary form, is designed to be absorbed by the mucus membrane that lines the vagina and rectum, so it will still get absorbed either way. Your clinic will reassure you. Good luck. Diane

1 like

Thank you Diane I was hoping you would reply and that has reassured me so much x

xx

The worst thing to do is to work your self into a frenzy. Try to do something calming. At the end of the day what is done is done and you cant turn back time. Speak with the clinic as soon as you can. They will be the only ones who can advise. The pessaries are there for support but your body is also an amazing machine which has been fine tuning expertise in this area for millenia.

The best thing for you all right now is to ask for a conversation with the clinic, do something that calms you and carry on. Stress is the last thing you need to add to your list.

Xxx

THank you. I have calmed down now. I think this process has been getting to me more than I thought. Dreading Sunday and husband is away for work from Saturday (not the best timing) so not here for support with the test.. anyway. Am feeling better and starting work - bit late! X

Oh littleblue34 that is hard. I think we all believe we are coping really well then a tiny straw breaks the camel's back and we realise we have been barely keeping it together. That's why this forum is so helpful. We all try to keep each other's irrational thoughts into perspective and share the wisdom of the time we experienced the same or similar straws.

I hope you have someone around on Sunday for when you get your results. Really wishing you all the very best. Xxx

Thank you lovely xx

1 like

Don’t worry, my clinic said either way is fine and most choose rectally as it’s less messy xx

1 like

My doc actually advised going through the back door as I found the front way too messy. It’s absorbed either way

1 like

My Clinic said I could do it either way so wouldn’t worry to much xx

1 like

I’m doing them up the bum as per the advice given by the clinic. Ring your clinic to see what’s what x

1 like

You may also like...