Fertility Network UK

Infertility, I am not done with you yet!!! 💪🏻

I want to thank you all so much for your support during this difficult time for me and my OH. We have been overwhelmed reading all your comments and messages to my inbox. Your kind words have had me in tears. ❤️

Yesterday we had a follow up appointment at Tommy’s. Obviously the circumstances were very raw and upsetting for me but we came away feeling a bit more hopeful for the future. The doctor we saw is a fertility doctor with the clinic downstairs from Tommy’s and he has given us a very reasonable (as reasonable as ivf can be) quote for a fresh round of ivf. I had four more bloods taken yesterday so that I may be taken into some of the trials and to test the full extent of my blood clotting condition. My protein levels are also being retested due to them being a bit on the high side last time. My fsh and amh levels are being tested again and they’re going to run another SA for OH too as neither of us have had these tested since 2016. We have a lovely lady looking at ways into which we might possibly be able to get help with further funding and close family members have stepped up with offers of financial help, even if that means taking out loans themselves. I’m truly touched by everyone who wants to see us succeed in trying to achieve our dream of a little family of our own. We’ve decided to focus on our wedding in June now and then, all being well and hopefully having some kind of plan in place, start treatment around September - November. I need a break, we need a break, everything is still raw and overwhelming right now. I’m currently awaiting af which I’m sure could happen anytime soon as pmt is here. So, I’m not feeling so great at the moment xx

125 Replies
oldestnewest

I’m so glad yesterday gave you some positivity and hope, your a strong woman and you’ll know when the time is right to start again. As you say, for now re build your strength and concentrate on your amazing wedding day. I hope when AF arrives it not to physically painful, we’re all here for you xx

1 like

Thank you. I’m not feeling so good today, quite rough so I imagine it could be soon. How are you? xx

Not good, it’s horrible our bodies make us suffer even further. I’m doing okay thanks xx

1 like

You are such an amazing positive person which is so admirable and I respect that so much! Your appointment yesterday sounds like it went well (as well as it can) and has given more options and hope.

What a lovely bunch of people you have a round you to help financially (nothing less than you deserve though).

Have a lovely wedding/honeymoon and try to put this awful journey to the back of your mind for a few months and enjoy time with your wonderful OH. I wish you so much luck for the future and I look forward hearing some good news from you. Sending lots of love and hugs xxx

1 like

With all the heartbreaks and disappointments it’s easy to forget sometimes that I still have plenty of things to be grateful for, I’m lucky in many ways. Thank you for your kind words xx

1 like

Im so pleased that the support has given you some kind of comfort....it really does help doesnt it!

You sounds like you are definitely fighting still, you and hubby are so strong (even if you dont feel it)....with everything that gets thrown at you, you manage to keep going! Great news that Tommy's are supporting you and helping you along with your tests. I think your break to plan and enjoy your wedding is a great idea and hopefully will help you have some down time to build your strength up to start again when you feel the time is right. Your support network at home sound wonderful too! I know you arent feeling great but lovely to hear from you and that you're surviving hard times! Take care and thinking of you both xx

1 like

No sometimes I don’t feel strong at all but I’m going to do everything I can to get my family. I don’t want to be left with regrets some day. Thank you xx

1 like

So nice to read your positive post, take care xxx

1 like

Wonderful news!! Wedding planning sounds wonderful and such a good distraction.

All the best for the rest of the year!!!

Take care xxx

1 like

You are a fighter and I love that! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your journey and experiences, trials and tribulations. Wishing you both the very best in life xx In the mean time good luck with the wedding planning as well xxx

Happy Women’s Day

2 likes

You’re welcome.

Happy women’s day to you too xx

Your a very brave lady with lots of strength. Good to hear you had a positive expirence with tommys, and have furher plans to battle on 😊.

I hope you post some wedding pics on here would be lovely to see 😊. Xx

1 like

We don’t have a photographer (budget wedding for just the two of us, we’re eloping to Scotland) but we’ll see what we can do with a selfie stick lol 😂 xx

2 likes

Sounds lovely and what more do you need than a selfie stick 🤣. I hope you have a lovely day xx

1 like

Where in Scotland???

1 like

Peebles. A place called Cringletie House. Two nights there and one night at the Radisson Blu in Edinburgh, right on the Royal Mile xx

How lovely!!! You’re still a bit far south for me :-( wishing you all th best for your special day - and for autumn when you try again.

1 like

Thank you xx

Ah I’m so pleased there’s still options, you deserve it, and clearly you and OH are truly loved by your friends and family. Here’s to a wonderful wedding and hopefully some brighter news in the future! Xxx

1 like

Thank you xx

Hi I am so sorry to have read your sad news! Reading your posts and some of the other ladies is really helping me and to see that you have posted again and that you continue to fight is an inspiration. Its great you have family support. Sounds like a great plan to concentrate on your wedding, refresh and have a break from all of the madness that comes with the journey xx

1 like

Keep up the good fight too 💪🏻 xx

1 like

We got this 💪 xx

1 like

I knew you wouldn't let this beat you lovely,iv been so worried about you but knew you needed time. I'm so glad Tommy's are helping you achieve your dream, you both really deserve this so much. I'm so happy that your going to be able to try again. Good idea to focus on having time away and your wedding happier times ahead for you, also glad family will help out who wouldn't want to help yous your such a lovely couple who, have been dealt a short straw. Big hugs and lots of love to you both 💗. You know I'm here if you need to talk whenever. Love you lots girl 💗💗🤗😘😘

2 likes

Thank you Cat. I’ve read your message. I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you but I just needed a little break off here. Just a couple of days to digest things and think things through. Your support means a lot to me, as always xx

1 like

No apologies ever needed lovely. I completely understand hun, it's a tough card you've been dealt. I know you'll get there though hun, with all these tests and Tommy's backing your corner a good break and things to look forward too your bound to be ready for next go and that will be the result and ending we all want. Lots if love don't apologize again fat head 💗🤗😘

1 like

Cheers fat head 😘 xx

1 like

💗🤗😘 sending you a big hug and Tude too 💗🤗😘

1 like

I’ll pass it on to him 🤗 xx

1 like

Its good ro hewr from you and as I see there's a way forward for you, which is even better. I wish you the best.

1 like

I’m so pleased that Tommy’s was positive for you yesterday and that your family have stepped up to help out.

I’m sure that you need a break, this journey is just awful and it just knocks you down again and again.

You are so strong though that you CAN do this....after you have a fantastic wedding.

Sending hugs xxx

1 like

I do worry about my age, being 38 in April, but I do need this break, if not physically then mentally. Thank you xx

Great news. Plan your wedding and then get started on the IVF after your marriage. Don’t leave it too long though as in your late thirties your egg count and quality can drop quite dramatically. So pleased you got good news today at the clinic and also with the generous offers of help from families to make IVF a possibility for you both xxxxx

1 like

You’re right. I worry about my age.. hoping everything is still ok.. I need a breather though physically and mentally xx

1 like

Lots of love to you both for now and the future 💕 xx

1 like

Thank you xx

1 like

I can’t tell you how happy it’s made me to see you post this, you are just incredible ❤️❤️❤️

I hope all the wedding plans go well, June will soon be here!! You both deserve so much happiness xxxxxx

2 likes

Lovely reply. Thank you xx

Aww sweetheart I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. This is one cruel journey and what you've experienced it beyond belief. Thank you for taking the time to give us an update. I'm so pleased to hear you have such amazing support around you. Look after yourself and your OH. You will make amazing parents one day. Any little one would be so lucky to have such an amazing mummy and daddy xxx ps thank you for your support along the way xxc

2 likes

No, thank you! What a lovely message 😊 xx

I’m so glad you’re still taking these positive steps. Enjoy your wedding!!! Take some time for the two of you. We will be right here waiting to see you through the next phase xxx

2 likes

I appreciate that thank you 😊 xx

Oh darling I honestly admire you so much. You have gone through the worst and you are still so positive. I'm sending you lots of love and luck for your next journey and your wedding too. All sounds so positive. Xxx

1 like

It’s a start isn’t it? Even if it is starting all over again lol. I’ve done it once so I can do it again xx

1 like

You absolutely can and WHEN that baby comes it'll all be worth it

awwwwww tugs, love it - you’re a true ambassador for international women’s day 💪🏻

so glad that you are slowly healing & making positive plans for future treatment. it will happen.

didn’t know you were getting married - congratulations, planning your wedding will be so exciting.

sending love always 💕✨💕

1 like

Thank you. Yes we’re eloping to Scotland, just us two. Getting married in a castle (more of a stately home than a real castle but looks like a fairytale). Because it’s only us it’s not costing too much, enough but not thousands! OH asked me last May after our first miscarriage xx

1 like

ahhhhhh amazing - we eloped too!! sooooooooo romantic. you can fully focus on each other & really enjoy every moment. thrilled for you xx

1 like

I think it will be great. No family politics. My mum’s disappointed but I was married before so she can understand why I don’t want a big fuss and just wants me to be happy xx

I am so happy to see this post and that when you and DH are ready, you're going to try again. I know all of us are seeking a baby but you are so lovely, you're always providing advice and kind words to others and you really deserve it.

Enjoy the break and look after yourselves. Sending lots of love and prayers xx

2 likes

Thank you. I get lots of support on here too so it’s easy for me to give back xx

1 like

💖💖

1 like

This is wonderful news- I’m so happy you’re not giving up 😊

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding 👰love to see some pics , post some pics up ☺️

I think sometimes it can become too much and we sometimes need a break- I’ve had a break for different reasons but it’s done us both the world of good.

Plus it’s great you’re undergoing further investigations- that’s so positive. Im sure it’ll make a huge difference 😊 Tommy’s sound very thorough 😊

Really want you to get your little family you deserve 🌈💞 xoxo

1 like

Thank you Jess xx

Really pleased to hear you had a positive and very encouraging appointment yesterday. Sounds like your fertility dr is being very thorough. You are right to take a break now from all the ttc struggles. Definitely enjoy all the exciting prep leading up to your special day in June. Weddings are wonderful occasions especially when your own! Always here for you. You are amazing and so resilient. Take care over next few days when AF arrives. Rest plenty. Things will get better. Xo

1 like

Spotting now and feeling really poorly with such a bad head and af cramping but I’ve barely left the sofa today so hopefully I’ll feel better soon xx

So glad to see you back here, you are incredibly strong and it's lovely that you can focus on your wedding for now and then try again. I'm also relieved to see that your family and friends can help out - you and T of all people, really deserve this. xxxx

2 likes

Thank you Caroline xx 😘

How I prayed for God to make away for you where seemed to be no way!! How I longed to hear positive news and honestly this has made my day. I am so over joyed that this is not the end of your journey and God will reward you with a miracle. Praying your wedding goes well and have a lovely honeymoon. I will keep you in my prayers always. Looked after yourselves. Stay blessed 😘

1 like

Hey lovely lady. You are both so strong and I truly believe that you will get your miracle baby soon. I pray it is the next time for you. I think concentrating on your wedding sounds great and will give you some time off from this emotional rollercoaster. Come back after the wedding feeling fresh and ready to start again. I will be thinking of you and I admire you both and your strength so much xxx sending all my love xxx

1 like

Much appreciated thank you xx

Glad your appointment was positive and here’s hoping it steers you in a more positive direction! Your such a trooper and it’s great you have your wedding to look forward to and take your mind off this horrendous journey your being put through 😓

Looking forward to hearing your updates (wedding and baby) you deserve every happiness! Sending big hugs xxxx

1 like

Thank you 😊 How are you doing? All well I hope? xx

I’m good thanks lovely, all seems to be going ok I’m 26 weeks now don’t know where the time is going xxxx

1 like

I hope you’re enjoying every minute xx

Loving it feel very blessed xxxx

1 like

What an amazing attitude to have! You are both so strong! Wishing you every happiness on your wedding, we need some pics for sure!! And also wishing you luck in your journey!! look after each other x x

1 like

Will probably be able to oblige with a pic 😊 We'll see what we can do with our selfie stick as we’re not having a photographer (or guests lol). Thank you xx

Awww how romantic I love that, with everything you’ve gone through it seems so fitting that you are doing this together! Is it a secret or do your family know? X x

Thinking of you during this difficult time! So so glad you had a positive experience yesterday. It’s surprising how this road of infertility can test our strengths and weaknesses. Stay strong 💪🏻 and fingers crossed for your next cycle xxx

1 like

Hey Tugsgirl im so happy your feeling more postive today and so happy you got a postive outcome in your meeting. It's cruel is ivf but us woman are strong and with all the support out there it will help us get through. I judt want to say on the finance side. I had a charity doo to help raise money with family and friends. If u need any ideas just ask. Well you stay strong and im sure your wedding eill keep you busy. Speak soon hun. Xx

1 like

Thank you Vonny. You’re always here to check up on me and I really appreciate it. You have been an inspiration to me since I joined here in 2015 xx

Your welcome hun I've been through it more than I dreamed I would so I wouldn't want any1 to give up if they don't have too. Xx

1 like

Wishing you and your hubby a very happy wedding and pleased that your appointment gave you some positive feelings. Take care and sending you BIG hugs xxx

1 like

Well full flow af is here and she’s much heavier than usual but at least my body is doing what it’s supposed to be doing and didn’t keep me waiting too long. Feeling quite poorly today but I’m sure I’ll feel much better tomorrow. Thank you everyone xx

1 like

Rest up lovely glad your body is doing what it's supposed too. I know it's not nice, but onwards and upwards from here. You stay cozy hun 💗💗🤗😘😘

1 like

So sorry about whats happened. You are such a strong person. Wishing you all the luck in the world xx

1 like

You are one strong women

I’ve read your history from when you started and had 4 embryos..you have been through so much maybe a break from ivf and enjoying sorting your wedding out will do you the world of good even tho you probably can’t see it now

It’s heart breaking to read your journey

Hope and pray that one day you will get the positive and carry on to have a successful pregnancy

Sending you love xxx

1 like

Aww thank you. I really appreciate that xx

1 like

Xx

1 like

So pleased you had a positive follow up appointment at Tommy’s.

Taking some time out now and focusing on your wedding sounds like a good plan.

Everything crossed for your next round.

Sending love 😘 xxx

1 like

❤❤❤

1 like

Sorry I’ve not been on here for a while except to pop on and off. Just seen this post and your one before. So sorry you’ve not got your miracle yet. You are one of the strongest people I ‘know’. Truly amazing! I’m glad to hear you have a plan and support all around you. I hope so much you’re dreams come true! You’re an inspiration to all of us on here! Truly amazing! Xxx

2 likes

Thank you. How are you doing? And the babies? xx

We're good thank you.

Your wedding plans sound very romantic. I bet you can’t wait xx

1 like

That’s such a positive way to look at it. Your wedding will be here in no time. Something so lovely. Take care of each other and wishing you all the best xxx

1 like

I am so pleased that you have been given some Hope, this is a difficult time right now, and you do right to take time now to recover, concentrating on your Wedding will be good, and after that let’s hope your time will come. How nice that you have people on your side, you need support of every kind. I watched my Daughter and Son in Law for so long, it’s heartbreaking to watch, but please keep having Hope, they did with Amazing results.xx

1 like

Thank you you’re very kind xx

My dear I've been here for a while and I think u are one hell of a gurl. I'm sorry I didn't see ur previous message. But I m really pleased that Uve got some positivity today . I myself have been quite for a while . I guess after 5 failed cycles I haven't got much to say . I just try to boost some positivity wherever I can . Anyways u take care and be good

1 like

And the same to you xx

Oh hunnie

I truly feel for you and your other half. I can’t understand how the universe decided who is deserving and who isn’t.

I honestly wish with all I have that you get your miracle and I can’t think of anybody more deserving.

You are strong for everyone always supporting where you can and that to me is truly amazing considering all you have gone through and are going through.

I’m so pleased that people are willing to help and I know that it’s not over for you yet.

Thinking of you and sending lots of luck with the wedding plans.

💕💕xx

1 like

Thank you 💕 xx

I’m glad your appointment gave you hope and you’re managing to find a way to have another round. Hopefully with the additional support from Tommy’s and your blood clotting issue identified the next round will be your time. In the meantime enjoy your wedding and take some time for you and hubby to regroup before starting again x

1 like

What a positive meeting, I’m so happy to read you don’t have to give up! And what amazing friends and family you have who are willing to help! Throw everything at it, you’ve got this!x

1 like

I will do thank you xx

Hey lovely, a break sounds well deserved. Get focusing on that big dream day of yours. I am so glad you had a good outcome :) xxx

1 like

you are so lucky to have such a wonderful family offering their help, its so nice to hear that they support and encourage your journey as many families don't understand. I hope you have a beautiful wedding day and wish you all the luck and success in your future for treatment xxx

1 like

Many thanks xx

Sending lots of love ..be kind to yourself. Hope your wedding is as perfect as u imagined it to be lovely. Some times it does us good to take a step back a d have a breather ready to start again. Thinking of you xx

1 like

Yes! This is wonderful to hear, take the time you need to heal and take comfort that we are all right behind you when you decide you are ready to move forward. Big hugs 🤗 xx

1 like

Thank you xx

Aw hun I’m so happy for you, this made me smile so much! I’m so glad your not giving up cause I spoke to my guardian angel for you and sent you tons of support I’m praying for you hunny!! Enjoy your wedding and start again fresh headed and go in with strength! What a beautiful family you have to get that kind of support 💕💕❤️❤️ take care and keep positive xx

2 likes

Thank you Tara. What a lovely thing for you to do xx

I’m in admiration of your positivity and determination. It’s lovely to hear your family and friends are rallying around you.

What a wonderful summer you have ahead of you! Your wedding will lift you and your OH spirits! 🙌🏼🍀💕 Time to take some time out for each other ❤️

1 like

Thank you xx

It’s wonderful when family and friends help you financially because it’s one less problem for you and it makes you feel humbled at their kindness. Stay positive my darling and I have everything crossed for you xx

2 likes

Humbled and a bit guilty to be honest but my Auntie, for example, is insistent. She’s already done so much for us.. I’m like the daughter she never had though and she’s also my Godmother xx

1 like

We have just raised over £5000 for our daughters next round. I honestly think it’s a kind of therapy for the Ppl who want to help and this way they can. She will feel like she is doing her bit and will be very happy she can xx

1 like

Amazing work raising the money for your daughter. Yes I suppose you’re right. Just hope the next round works 🙏🏻 xx

1 like

You are a very brave lady and I admire your strength and determination that you have shown through this journey..

Your wedding day will be the best day of your life, I know mine was! It will be good for you to put your concentration and energy into something else and will give you the strength to come back fighting again as husband and wife!

Take care and enjoy planning your amazing day! Xxx

1 like

Thank you 😊 xx

Your post title says it all and is testament to what a strong tough cookie you are! It’s not all about what you do when you’re knocked down but I believe the true measure of a person is what they do from the slapped down position and you are a fine example of standing up, dusting yourself down and screaming ‘bring it on...you picked the wrong person to mess with!’ Your plan sounds v sensible. You’ve got something positive to focus on and that will bring light after a lot of dark times, and for family to step up and try & help financially is so kind. Had I not spent my life savings on having to stop work, countless surgeries & IVF then donor treatment I’d be sending a donation to you but my cupboards are bare but I would have if I could have!

I’m so pleased you’ve got your wedding to focus on, as a Scot I will make sure a happy (warm) wind blows in your direction on your special day and no matter how big or small it’ll be such a special day for you both. It’s your day and something in your control so enjoy it to the max and let it signal some fresh new & hopefully exciting times ahead which mean another crack at family. And please don’t add more stress to yourself re age, I did the same, as my consultant said to me once when I was going into meltdown turning 40, ‘your ovaries don’t know exactly how old you are, you still have a chance’ at that time it was severe endometriosis which ruined my chances of natural conception, however all my friends bar one have all had their kids in their 40’s, my twin sis having her last at 43 so please don’t give up lovely, there’s still time.

I’m trying desperately to scurry through your recent posts as I’ve not been well and had a lot of probs lately but suffice to say I’ve tried to keep up with your news and wish you the very best going forward.

We delayed our own wedding for 5 years & put our fertility journey first and I think I want to follow your example of just doing it and having a lovely day for me and my OH who has stood by my side through what can only be hell.

It is so lovely that you felt some people at the clinic etc are there to help & support you and can look into ways of further testing/trials and a decent priced ivf. It’s so sad that in general we seem to have to reach such levels of pain and despair before u see people standing up to really help properly but better late than never and I hope that support, plus from everyone here, helps you lots. Never give up hope love, focus on your wedding & some happier times and come back fighting in September. So proud of you. Have a lovely weekend and hope it’s not too painful a time for you with ur period. Bound to be distressing but fight through and get to the other side where a bit of happiness and hope is waiting for you...as well as spring lambs, bunnies, daffodils and warmer weather hopefully!!! Lotsa love to you both xxx

2 likes

Wow. Such a lovely message, I’m not even sure where to begin.. I don’t doubt that you’d help a little financially if you could, it doesn’t matter that you can’t, the thought alone is truly appreciated.

Yes we’ve only been engaged just under a year but this was one thing where we agreed we would not put our lives on hold. As long as I wasn’t getting married during treatment or between scans, we were going to do it, even if I’d been heavily pregnant or if we hadn’t lost our last baby it would have been coming to see Mummy and Daddy get married. Warm winds would be nice. It’s June the 28th and I’m a bit worried it will be really hot (I’m not sure if Scotland gets really hot?) and I don’t do very well in the heat. I’ve picked a mid length dress because of the weather. Even if it’s raining though it doesn’t matter as the ceremony is inside. I think setting a date for yourselves would be a lovely idea.

Physically feeling much better from pmt now except for having had this dull headache for a few days. Af arrived full flow the day I wrote this post. At least she doesn’t let me down lol.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not been well. I really hope that you’re on the mend soon xx

2 likes

Thanks for ur reply sweetie. Good on you both for getting focussed on your wedding, it will be a lovely day. Having lived in Edinburgh for 15yrs I can safely say I never got too hot!! June is usually a lovely month in Scotland and it can be beautiful up there no matter what the weather throws at you! I’m sure it’ll be just perfect.

I had really bad headaches after treatment & especially a miscarriage, I think it’s all hormonal fluctuations that do it so try and drink plenty of water and flush out your system a bit.

I’ve got issues with excess progesterone being produced stopping my period, my body thinks its pregnant but it’s not and all the excess progesterone is causing awful heart palps, v tiring only good thing is I can eat loadsa cake & it burns off immediately as my hearts pounded constantly! There’s always an up side!!!

Hope u have a good weekend and try and relax a bit. Well done for keeping going thanks for your lovely reply to my message Xx

1 like

Bloody love you! You out everything so right in words. Have you ever thought about being a motivational speaker you'd do a bloody good job 😉💗🤗😘

1 like

Very kind of you to say! No thoughts to be a motivational speaker...too burnt out now, trying to keep going is an exhausting business as we all well know! Thank you for such a lovely comment xx😘xx

1 like

Bless ya I hope the pains easing off hun and your managing to get some sleep. 💗🤗😘

Pain still niggling unfortunately when I’m on my feet so putting my feet up today! Sleep is still v disturbed unfortunately but will get there soon hopefully, I’d give anything for a run of a few hours! Hope ur having a good weekend lovely x x

1 like

Oh hun I'm sorry to hear that, glad your putting your feet up, I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep tonight. It's not bad hun, you take care and keep me updated my love in how your getting on. Big hugs 💗🤗😘

1 like

Thanks so much, you’re a wee star 🌟😘

1 like

💗💗🤗😘😘

1 like

Back at ya! 😘❤️

1 like

So sorry to hear of all your troubles. Thank you for taking the time to comfort and support me xx

1 like

I'm so sorry for you both. It's such a difficult journey. Keep strong, keep your chins up and give each other that well deserved huge bozy. I hope you have a fantastic wedding and wish you sooo much happiness going forward xxx

1 like

Thank you xx

You may also like...