Fertility Network UK
13,560 members22,057 posts

Disappointed with my clinic😔 / anyone used Royal jelly for fertility?

So angry upset and disappointed 😢😔

They just called me from the clinic and told me they can book me in for my follow up app for 5th of April! It was supposed to be 15th of March. I told the nurse what about the March? And she said oh we’re fully booke! I told her you said mine is around 15th and now you’re fully booked for the whole month.she said she’s sorry but clearly she’s not😒 so I have to wait another 5weeks to see my dr and discuss about my laparoscopy and I’m sure there is waiting list for that as well,nurse said sometimes it’s 16weeks. They just gave me a feeling that I’ll never ever gonna have a baby, and I’m not that young that I can wait for ever. I was feeling a bit better and now I’m upset and really close to give up. Does any one know how many cycle we get with NHS? Is it 2 or 3?

Also anyone heard or used royal jelly? If yes is it good for fertility and can I use it with my pregnacare conception vitamins? ❤️xx

35 Replies
oldestnewest

HI Anna, so sorry to hear this :( Its such a long process already that hearing you have to wait another month on top of all the months you already has isn't fair but think of this month as prep time!! Get that body ready even more than you ever have before. I think the NHS funding is dependent on the area you live, you can find it online - I cant remember where but I did before! Good luck my lovely, sorry never used the gel so cant help there xx

1 like

Hi Ohara, I’m fuming to be honest because the nurse forgot to book me in and now there is nothing left and I have to wait, but nothing I can do🙁 yeah that’s the good idea and make my body ready for another fight. I’ll check online thanks lovely, hope you’re ok xx

Hiya Anna,

I know the feeling of waiting so long. It will have taken almost 3 months from my miscarriage to going to the hospital to restart treatment.

In my area we only get one NHS funded cycle. But am now a private patient, still the wait is just the same.

Hope you can get a cancellation xx

1 like

Hi hun, I hate waiting it gives me the feeling that they don’t care. Mine is gonna be near 3 months in April.

They told me I can get 2 cycle. Thanks lovely xxx

Ugh it’s so frustrating, and a little empathy wouldn’t hurt! If you look on the ccg website for your area then that will tell you how many rounds, but also your clinic should have that information. Could you ask for a phone consultation to be seen quicker as it were? Or could you ask to be booked in for your lap? Are you at a private clinic as an NHS patient or at an NHS clinic? Xxx

1 like

I’m fuming to tbh but nothing I can do. I asked the nurse she said they offer me 2 cycle with nhs, they won’t book me for lap before my follow up and they don’t do it trough the phone, it should be face to face with dr. I think my clinic is an NHS xxx

That’s so annoying, I’m sorry they’re being so rubbish xx don’t get me wrong I bloody love the NHS but it seems to me at those clinics it seems like there’s always such terrible waiting times. I know some of the girls here have continued to call for cancellations, maybe worth a try if you have the energy for it 😕xxx

1 like

How can I find a private clinic on my area? Or can I go any private clinic I like? xx

Tbh they’ve been so good since I started my cycle but this time specially because I had a failed cycle I was expected them to be more caring and they acted totally opposite xxx

Hi Anna - so annoyed for you - especially as you'd been feeling so positive about the clinic. As you know, I'm quite close to you and was told my area offered 2 cycles to those who qualified, so yours might be similar. As posts above say, you can check online. Xx

1 like

Hi lovely, tbh I still positive about my clinic my dr is lovely, it was one of the nurse forgot to book me in and nothing I can do really. Yeah the nurse told me I can get 2 cycle. But I searched in google and I said women under 40 can get 3 nhs cycle.xx

Hi anna, the waiting is so difficult. Try to plan things in between thats what gets me through the waiting. I had failed cycle in october, follow up end of november and now lap booked for end of march, literally 5 months after my failed cycled. Its so annoying having to wait, but i just say to myself my baby is worth the waiting lol.,.. take your time, dont stress, look after yourself and the time will fly by xxx

1 like

Hi destiny, yeah I think I need to plan something before I get crazy over waiting🤦🏻‍♀️ I had my early miscarriage month ago and till April it’s a long time for follow up. Seriously they don’t care. God knows how long I should wait for my lap. Tbh the only thing I think is my baby. Thanks lovely you take care too xxx

Sorry to hear that you are having to wait. It is added stress when you just want to get things moving... In terms of the royal jelly, I used this. I got mine online and had it in the mornings before my breakfast. You get a teeny plastic spoon and have one of these every day. It tastes ok. I had a much better round using it, although was doing lots of other stuff too including high protein/low carb diet, 300mg ubiquinol, and a change in protocol too (short protocol worked for me). Good luck with everything xxx

1 like

Oh, I took it until egg collection and then stopped x

1 like

Hi lovely! I think they don’t get how much is important for us they just do their job to get their money that’s it really. I’ve seen royal jelly in capsule is it the same? And I’m not doing any cycle at the moment probably not doing it till next few months how can I use them? Every day before my ovulation or use it every day for a whole month even when I’m period? Sorry to be a pain I know nothing 🙈😔 xxx

Hi there, what I read suggested that capsule form is not as potent as the stuff in a jar, so I got the natural raw stuff in a jar. I took it solidly for three months before my last IVF cycle and stopped after egg collection. I think the idea is that even after ovulation, your body is preparing the next egg(s) for ovulation the next month and the month after. The only possible problem is if you are allergic to bee products so they advise you to start taking a very small amount only and building it up to the tiny spoonful gradually. If you PM me, I can send you details of suplliers I used. Take care and good luck xxx

1 like

Hi lovely I’ll message you xx

I used royal jelly, H&B do an organic version. It's not cheap so perhaps do it every other day before ovulation/egg collection. I also used 300mg ubiquinol. Both are fine to take with preconception vitamins. I got my bfp after 2 months on both. You take the royal jelly in water, tastes fine. Be aware that I got really bad headaches immediately after the royal jelly, though they are nothing compared to the tiredness headaches I'm now suffering from! All totally worth the pain though 💓 Good luck xx

1 like

Hi Jacqui! They have it in H&B one of them is like a capsule the other is just like little bids. I’m not doing any cycle at the moment probably till end of April or may, and we gonna try it naturally till then, how can I use it? I take my pregnacare conception every day can I take it every day as well? Even when I’m ovulate or have my period? That’s amazing you got your BFP twice! Hope I get mine soon

What is ubiquinol? Sorry I’m a pain and ask million question🙈xx

Good luck to you too ❤️xxx

No worries hun, ask away! I took the royal jelly every other day (it is pricey) in the first half of my cycle from about cycle day 2. I took 5 each month, in the morning mixed in water. I used the capsules of liquid as I wanted something that was definitely organic. I also took bee pollen on the days I wasn't taking the royal jelly, again just in the first half of my cycle. These were pills from H&B.

Ubiquinol is CoQ10 but in the format the body converts it into. You can also get CoQ10 and ubiquinone, but the body apparently has to work less hard with ubiquinol so it's supposedly better. It is supposed to improve egg quality, like royal jelly. You can take these throughout your cycle but stop on bfp. Normal hen eggs are also supposed to work so get eating omlettes and scrambled egg! Xx

1 like

Ok so I get royal jelly every other day and bee Pollen the day that I don’t get royal jelly, or I can have royal jelly every day if I want and stop it on my ovulation day, am I right?

I thought CoQ10 is for men as my DH get his wellman every day and it has Q10 on it but my pregnacare doesn’t have it.thats why I thought it’s for men lol

I’ll have organic hen egg everyday.hope all these thing works. I think I’m so panic that’s why I wan try everything I can. Thanks very much for your help ❤️xxx

1 like

You can stop on the day of ovulation, or a day before. CoQ10/ubiquinol is fine for you both to take, but it's your choice what you out into your body hun, you have to make the decisions that are right for you.

Good luck with it all hun, hope it all works for you xx

1 like

Thanks Jacqui! I’ll try the CoQ10 I heard lots of good thing about it so can’t be bad😊 thanks for you help lovely and good luck to you too xxx

Anna, I took coq10 also and I think our quality was better 2nd time around (possibly because of it?). It's used for regeneration of cells so can be taken by anyone (men/women). H&B person told me its not harmful and does no harm to take even if your body is already producing enough. I don't know about royal jelly - I heard good things and bad things. I usually trust what H&B say cos my GP doesn't have a clue so perhaps ask in there?

1 like

Hi Lilli, The only vitamin I use at the moment is pregnacare which doesn’t have CoQ10 so I think it’s ok if I take it separately, I’ll go to H&B to see if they have it. I never used royal jelly I heard lots of good thing about it so thought give it a try,it’s natural so can’t be bad. My Gp is rubbish tbh the only thing they know is paracetamol!🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I didn’t know people in H&B know these stuff I’ll ask them. Hope you’re ok xx

I don’t know anything about royal jelly but I’m sorry to hear your appointment is delayed how disappointing. These people just don’t understand how delays affects us in this journey 😡 Could you ask to be put on a cancellation list in case one pops up?

I only had to wait 2 months from referral to surgery date 😊 Keep phoning and asking once referral has been received- my last op was a cancellation which I still got a months notice 😊 xoxo

Tbh jess if she was near me I could have punch her face!🤦🏻‍♀️ The funny part was she was trying to show that’s it’s my fault! How can it be my fault?!😒 I told her about the cancellation but I guess I have to phone every day! Lol

Xoxo

Sadly it took me two months to get a review appt after my miscarriage 😢 and now I’m waiting for my first appt for my second round. It would appear that we just have to wait and I’m 41 so yes it does sometimes make me panic but there isn’t anything I can do! Hopefully the time will fly in for you! xx

1 like

It’s terrible isn’t it! Mine is gonna be over 2months in April. Clearly they don’t care 😔 yea it makes me panic most of the time and like you nothing I can do,just try to keep my hope. Hope you get your magical 2 line soon xx

1 like

Hi Anna, try to keep phoning the clinic to check if there were any cancellations. I have done this and managed to speed a lot of appointments on the NHS. Also, the number of cycles funded by NHS depends on the area you live in. In London is usually only one. I have read a lot of controversial stuff about royal jelly so chose not to take it. Maybe try ubiquinol, it looks like this supplement can make a difference for egg quality. Good luck with everything x

Hi Kari,I asked the nurse about the cancellation and she told me normally they do t get any cancellation,I’ll keep phoning as it was her fault to forgot to book me in. I think I can get 2 cycle,done one so just one left. What did you heard about royal jelly? I just heard it good for fertility and egg quality that’s why I thought give it a try. Yea lots of girls told me about ubiquinol so I think I’ll go for it. Good luck to you too lovely xx

I read that bee pollen can cause allergic reactions and can contain bee venom so it is better avoided. Also, my fertility nutritionist told me that there is no credible study to support the theory that it helps with egg quality. She recommended ubiquinol and NAC. That’s good news that they would fund 2 cycles in your area. xx

1 like

Oh really! Is bee pollen the royal jelly? Or it’s different. I know nothing🙈

What’s NAC? and how you take them? Every day for a whole month or you should stop it when your ovulate? xx

NAC is N Acetylcysteine, I take 600mg, as my nutritionist recommended, every day, but I stopped all supplements week before egg collection. I think bee pollen and jelly are sightly different. Rebecca Fett talks about it in details in her book. It is always best to get an individual advice from a good nutritionist/naturopath.

1 like

Thanks Kari x

You may also like...