Fertility Network UK
12,676 members20,579 posts

Exercise in 2ww

Hi

Just wondering what exercise people do in 2ww. Usually I horse ride, muck out etc, walk the dog and swim.

At the minute I seem to want to wrap myself in bubble wrap and just sit on the sofa until test day! But I am starting to get a bit of cabin fever!

I’m not going to horse ride, and I think I’m a bit scared to go to the yard at the moment because I slipped and fell on the ice last week. I know walking the dog will be ok, but what about swimming? Has anyone been swimming in 2ww?

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I was told not to because of risk of infection. I just walked - seemed to be the least risky thing to do. Good luck xxx

1 like

Hi. No swimming because of infection risk. Go for some nice walks for now. Good luck! Diane

1 like

I happened to have an embryo transfer during the time of the Olympics at Rio. Doctor told me to maintain normal routine as some of the athletes at Rio could be on their two week wait and not even realise it!! I thought, that’s alright for you to say! Needless to say I ignored him completely and took things a bit easier than usual. As one of the more sympathetic nurses once told me, you don’t want any regrets so take it easy for two weeks. Thought that was good advice and it gave me a good excuse to put my feet up and let my husband do the housework 😊 I stopped swimming but still walked the dog couple of times a day. Best of luck to you x

1 like

Regarding swimming, if on pessaries then I wouldn’t want to. I know the active ingredients get absorbed quickly but I’d be worried about contaminating the water if you know what I mean!

Also, if you have had egg collection then you should not swim or bath during the 2ww due to risk of infection, as they pierced your uterine wall to get to your ovaries during EC.

You may also like...