Fertility Network UK

Wish me luck please- I've had some light spotting.

I'm feeling terrified I had a small amount brown/red discharge.

I spoke to a doctor earlier this morning ironically informing her of my pregnancy and told me to relax and enjoy it and if I had issues contact her.

Well I noticed a small amount of blooded discharge. I completely freaked out and thought the worse.

I was already worried about this little Baba but now I'm terrified.

I did bleed very heavily with my now 18 year old son but that does nothing to reassure me. I know it is common in pregnancy but that doesn't put my mind at rest.

I have had no cramping.

The spotting has stopped.

I have called my doctor's surgery and I'm speaking to a doctor later. I think I will insist on the low dose steroids my fertility consultant advised me to have during the early weeks ( I had a NK cells tested last year and slightly raised so consultant thinks as a precaution I should take it.

I'm wondering if I will ever get to enjoy this pregnancy that I tried for nearly 6 years. I thought it was difficult to get pregnant this is even harder... ( Sorry if I sound ungrateful)

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Ah I hope all will be ok. Will be thinking about you xx

1 like

Thank you Macca13 it's not heavy or painful so hopefully it'll just settle down xoxo

You don't sound ungrateful - it is a scary time. Probably absolutely nothing at all - just the usual spotting - but if it is worrying you is there an EPU you can go to? We have one near us that takes walk-ins 9-5 on weekdays and my clinic told me if I had any bleeding or anything worrying me I should go there. Hopefully you get some reassurance soon. X

1 like

Thank you I have spoken to a doctor and she has managed to reassure me. I guess we will worry more xoxo

1 like

Ah thinking of you jess xx perhaps you need some progesterone to support the pregnancy? Remember it can be perfectly normal, stressful, but normal! Good luck lovely xxx

1 like

Thank you - scary but common prescription is all sorted now feel a bit better xoxo

Good luck hun. I know exactly what your going through. Try stay calm and try persuade them to get levels checked for you then you'll hopefully be able to try and relax. Hope everything is OK. Xx

1 like

Thank you just shock me up xoxo

It's natural to be like our natural instinct kicks in. I'm sure you'll be fine probably implantation or the normal unexplained spotting. Plus you've just had a lap aswel so probably expected. Take care hun. Keep us updated xx

I know how you feel and how worrying it is, i bleed for 4 weeks on and off. It can still be implantation bleeding as it beds in and get comfy. Try not to worry (easy said than done) xxx

1 like

Thank you button-123 it does seem common but so frightening. xoxo

1 like

I hear you as was petrified, thinking of you xx

Try and take it easy Jess! I know how terrifying it is...I had two bleeds in less than 4 weeks (even on high dose progesterone!) and each one left me absolutely frozen with fear. Both times I was seen by a midwife and the message was the same: light bleeding with no cramping, fever or backache is just that, light bleeding. Unless the flow increases in volume over time, it is unlikely to be anything insidious and if you can, try resting for a few hours. It will often stop on its own, as you say yours did.

I know it's very difficult, but chances are you will be 100%.

Big hugs xxx

1 like

It is so scary but common. I think after fighting infertility we find it harder than dare I say most women not struggling? That's reassuring to hear thank you I needed that xoxo

Could it be related to your previous endo? Spotting can be normal too although I can imagine how worried you are. Try to relax as much as you can and put your feet up. If it puts your mind at rest test again in a few days. I tested for ages xx

1 like

Thank you that's a really good point hadnt thought of that. I had terrible pain with my endo just ovulation ( as I'd conceived our bean). xoxo

Aww sorry you're going through this but it does sound like it ll be fine. Stay positive xx

1 like

Thank you xoxo

1 like

Just to reassure you on the nk cells - mine were at 24 at my last failed cycle. Ive just had my 20 week scan today from a natural conception and all looking good with NO treatment at all. I figured my body had got me this far so decided not to have any steroids. If it reassures you to have them, go for it, but I don't think your levels would cause major issues now you are pregnant. Hopefully the spotting settling is a good sign and that all progresses normally for you. It is a long hard wait for your scans and have only just started to feel confident that we have cracked this infertility nightmare. Best wishes and hugs xx

1 like

Thank you xoxo

If you haven't had cramps then that's a really good sign xx

1 like

Thank you xoxo

Thinking of you!xx

1 like

Thank you xoxo

Hope everything is okay for you jess as many people have said it's very common so hopefully it will pass soon xxx

1 like

Sending you luck 🍀 xx

Hope alls ok Hun xxx

You may also like...