Fertility Network UK
13,506 members21,947 posts

Does having a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis make your period normal?

Hi ladies.

I have got a silly question. My period is due 29th June- and I thought my pre period spotting would stop after the endo was removed- maybe it's from the operation it is old blood. Has any fellow endo suffers found periods improve afterwards? Haha ever hopeful! Stitches were removed last week as hospital didn't let me know some weren't disolvable- one wound is still healing- so I've covered it with a breathable plaster. I have brought some ovulation tests and will be trying again ekk!! Feeling excited nervous all rolled in one! Bring on the craziness!!!! 😁

All the best to you brave people on this difficult journey. xoxo

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Yay! To trying again 😘🙏🏻🤞🏻😁 x

1 like

Thank you romanluna2015. Hope the appointment goes well on Friday. xoxo

Thank you Jess1981 . Hopefully soon we will both be back on track xx

1 like

Yeah. My ovulation tests have arrived! This is will be both of our year I'm sure 😘 xoxo

1 like

Your so positive Jess wish I could be like you xx

1 like

As you know, I had my laparoscopy around the same time as you and my period decided to come 2 days early?! Which freaked me out a bit as my periods are pretty regular. Although my laparoscopy was more for my blocked tube and not endo... I have read that your first period after can be a bit different (+\- a few days and heavy/lighter) and then hopefully should get back to normal/improve.

Starting doing my temp etc. Bit apprehensive about trying again but positive!

Good luck! X

1 like

Thank you Hope04. I guess if someone's been in your insides it's bound to affect your next cycle- makes sense!

Good to luck to you too trying. Know what you mean- planning to keep myself busy- lots of things I need to do- I don't want to have time on my hand to Google-no good comes from that!! xoxo

1 like

My first period after the op was horrific but on time. Lasted two days longer and the pain had me in bed for a week. It was explained to me that the period can undo some of the internal healing. However I guess it all depends on what you've had done in the lap.

Second period was shorter and easier.

1 like

Thank you emma178- I don't the extent of what he done- I was pretty wozy after lap- I know he removed endometriosis from my pouch of Douglas and some he said " he threw away" and one part was he couldn't so he Lasered that bit. Discharge notes are vague- but I do have an appointment next month to see him and find out what's what. The pain has gone and I'm pretty sure it was the cause my pain and is the reason for our infertility.

Anyway I hope the pregnancy is going well. xoxo

You may also like...