Pregnancy blood test= BFN 😣

Hi everyone,

I'm not even remotely surprised after ttc 5 years 5 months and 4 cycles of clomid later why I'd think for one moment I'd be pregnant.

Period behaved in the most extradinonary manner I've ever seen-I didn't have a "proper period".

Tuesday I will contact my consultant to be sure there are no underlying health issues (other than my PCO) to cause my cycle to go berserk.

It tainted Christmas and new year with the way it left me confused to the point I haven't taken my clomid this cycle. 😩

Perhaps that is a good thing-particularly if there is an underlying reason for odd cycle and also gives me a chance to get fit and healthy for our 5th round of clomid.

No matter how many times I've seen a negative test it still floors me- all I associate is fear and dread when I see tests.

My husband face was full of disappointment and I wish I could've made him feel better. He really thought he was going to be a dad-I've had so many pregnancy symptoms but alas it was another no πŸ˜”

Have brought us a bottle of red wine and a processco to see this shitty year out with-something I had hoped I wouldn't have been able to do-but suppose make the best out of a bad situation.🍷🍾

Congratulations to those who have had success this year-from the bottom of my heart I am delighted for you. And wish you the best with it all.❀️

To others like myself let's hope that 2017 is a kinder year to us and gives us a much longed for BFP.

I will raise a glass of bubbly for us all tonight- no one should suffer this vile illness. But rest assured we are incredibly strong and the way we all bounce back and keep fighting is nothing short of heroic-we should all be proud of ourselves. Whatever happens.

Happy new year to the best bunch of people that have helped me through this πŸ’•

Last edited by

24 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I'm so sorry. Enjoy your wine & prosecco. We had our 3rd & final BFN last new year's eve and it was a rotten end to 2015. I really hope 2017 is your year.

• So sorry it wasnt good news!! Lets hope 2017 brings something better, big hugs xxx

• ❀️❀️❀️

• I am so sorry, all the best for 2017 xx

• So sorry it wasn't better news...I had my fingers crossed for you.

A break from Clomid is no bad thing. You can forget about the side effects for a month and your body can rest. It will be the end of January before you know it and you can try again.

Next year has GOT to be better, it just has to! Have a lovely evening with your hubby πŸ˜‰ and happy 2017!

• I am so sorry. Your post had me shedding a tear and I totally agree with the impact and sentiments you have bravely shared.

Every single person that goes on this journey is unbelievably strong and courageous to go through such things over and over again. The disappointment never gets any easier.

I want to wish you the very best for 2017. I hope you have the opportunity to regroup with the consultant to discuss options and plans going forward and I hope that 2017 is your year.

xxx

• It really is incredible the strength that you have my heart goes out to you and I pray that 2017 is a fresh start and a new chapter for us all as we can never give up hope knowing that miracles can happen xxx

• Wishing you every success for 2017 x

• Big hugs, it's so unfair and disappointing xx

• I'm so sorry hun. I hope you get some answers and don't give up hope hun x

• Happy new year, I hope your dreams come true xx

• I'm so sorry to hear this. But I honestly believe 2017 is going to be our year xxx

• Thank ladies for all your support- I could not get through without you all. You are amazing. x

I will be in touch with my consultant on Tuesday about this cycle and all the other symptoms I'm getting -now that I know I'm not pregnant. At the end of the day I'm not medical and I want to be sure everything is ok.

I am not giving up- I will not defeated. I have 2 rounds of clomid left and a follow up appointment in march with our consultant to discuss other options. There is more than one to skin a cat!

All the best to you all - hope 2017 is a better year for you all and you get your longed for BFP.

x

• So sorry Jess.i hope this new year will be better .all the best

• Thank you sweet - all the best to you too.

Here's 2017- I hope we both a year we're never forget ( for the right reasons)

x

• Awww it's so hard jess1981! You have such drive and determination! I hope 2017 is a better year for us all!! I hope you enjoyed your drinks, I sure did!!xx

• Haha yes I did!

All the best to you too hun.

Here's to 2017 being our year.

x

• Big hugs ❀❀❀

• Thank you macca13 all the best to you in your journey x

• Sorry it didn't work out Jess . You are a strong lady xx

• Thanks lovely.

I am not going to let this stop me-we are determined this year we will get our positive test. This is not the end πŸ‘πŸ»

I hope that the midwife appointment went well on Thursday-how exciting. πŸ‘ΆπŸ»

X

• I'm sorry to read this Jess, the BFNs are heartbreaking. Stay strong lovely lady, here's hoping that this year brings us all some much needed luck x x x

• Thanks mommabear16 - definitely not giving up! I will not be defeated πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

All the best to you too-I hope 2017 is a better year for us both 😘❀️

X

• So sorry Jess! truly I hope this is your year!

You may also like...