Happy but nervous wreck?

I'm happy with the way my transfer went this morning however it's obviously only day one and already I'm scrutinising every thing I do. I'm talking it easy and plan to do so for the next two weeks but for example I'm a little bit stressed about a tickly cough I have; every time I cough I worry. I'm having the occasional sharp cramp from my ovaries too, keep telling myself it's to be expected after everything I've put them through though. I keep thinking I'm going to do something that will make it fall out.. I don't want to spend the next two weeks stressing over every move I make just in case. I guess I'm just terrified that now it's back on board it'll be down to me if it fails.

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done on getting this far, it sounds like it is going well.

The 2ww is the worst bit, I won't lie, but you have to remember that tons of ladies drink, jump out of planes and all sorts without realising they are pregnant! I got bfp on both of my cycles (first was a mc), the first I basically carried on as normal at work and play and the second I was static in bed with a strained back!

You've done brilliantly and just need to keep gently busy and have a few things to keep yourself busy: box sets or cinema visits?!

I know it's hard but don't put all the pressure on yourself.

Wishing you lots of luck xx

• Oh goodness sweetie, I hate to tell you this but you will be stressing in some manner for the next couple of weeks - there is no way round this one! You can try to mitigate though...distractions are required, short term 5 mins ones, films, books, going out when you can .... catching your thoughts when they stop and giving yourself a firm talking too! The awful truth is that #any# symptoms you have are normal in as much as it seems to be different every time for everyone! They are most definitely not going to fall outπŸ˜‰they are snug and no cough is going to change that nor is any natural stress (otherwise no one would get a bfp!). It's not for nothing that everyone goes on about the 2ww! But you can do it .. one breath, one stress, one cry, one laugh at a time .... it will end and hopefully all be worthwhile 😊 I swear I have never been as hyper aware of my body, every gas bubble, twinge, gurgle etc ... when this is all over I promise to ignore my body completely for a good period of time and let it get back it's privacy and dignity whilst I try to regain my sanity 😁good luck you xxxx

• Very well put Datak πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€xx

• Thanks Vic... so wish it wasn't the voice of experience talking 😩!!!!!!!!!😊😁

• I definitely agree with distractions. Arrange to go out for lunch, plan a short walk each day, start to read a new book, even start a little Christmas shopping... anything to keep your mind busy and positive!

Good luck xx

• You're right of course ladies. And although I've had my fair share of 2ww's before to my knowledge I've not had an embryo on board with them lol. That's the biggest difference and I guess that's why I freaked out a bit. I always knew this was likely to be the hardest 2ww I've faced yet. X

• Well done sweetheart but the hard part has just began. Your body has already been through a lot so you will experience a bit of cramping. I will advise that you take things easy and not do anything strenuous. Try not to symptom spot which is easier said than done. You have done very well to get this far and I hope you get your BFP. xxx

• Congrats on the transfer. I remember feeling exactly the same anxiety as you, but honestly it is so unlikely anything like this will upset things. The best thing you can do is chill out, though it is super hard to do. On my one and only successful transfer I think the main change I made was to not do anything too stressful work wise and do Circle and Bloom meditations twice daily. My husband even noticed that I seemed a lot calmer and he didn't know I had been doing that.....it may have also helped that after having gone through so many transfers mentally I just felt that it's all down to nature/God's will and is out of my hands now. I think each person eventually finds their own way. Some days I did a lot of walking and I think that helped me too, along with continuing with work so I did have things to take my mind off it. I also calculated the first day I could try testing (early than OTD) which meant that I could at least see how things were going earlier than later. It meant that as it was a positive on the last go, I got the good news earlier into the 2WW.

I'm not saying do what I do- everyone is different, but just sharing what seemed to work for me the last time!

Good luck!

• What are circle and bloom meditations?

• Circle and Bloom have a website and have a series of meditations you can buy for IVF (and pregnancy - I use the pregnancy ones now). You can download a free trial example but the IVF ones are designed to help with each day of a month's cycle of IVF. circlebloom.com/get-started...

PS I don't work for them! Just found the meditations to be really helpful for me.

• Haha. Thank you for the link 😊

• Hope your 2ww goes well for you, it is nerve wracking at first. You'll worry about everything you do but you'll soon ease into it. Just keep breathing and take each day as it comes. Lots of luck x x x

• Thank you, I'll try 😊 X

• Good luck and honestly just be positive, you'll get there πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ£πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ Good luck....! I'm at the end of 2WW, test day tomorrow πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ˜Œβ€οΈοΈπŸ£

• Good luck to you in that case!! πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

• Ps may I ask, how do you feel? Do you feel anything? X

• I'm positive, the end of 1ww was the worst but I made sure to get some time in with the family and other women in my life and helped take my mind off things, we are both positive but aware things could go either way. I've started to get a feeling as thought my period were coming with dark blood and still taking progesterone so all a bit messy. Just keeping my fingers crossed πŸ˜Œβ€οΈοΈπŸ™πŸΌπŸ£

• I had some pinching or stretching sensations on Monday and well im just a sitting duck now lol πŸ˜ŒπŸ™πŸΌ

• Hey babez try relax i had flu and coughed and splutteredy whole 2ww and sharp pain is a good sign i had tht from my day after ET and all went great good luck xxx

• Thank you. Today I am 5dp5dt so I'm much more relaxed about it now. X

You may also like...