Feeling sad

This is the first time I have posted anything. I've been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and was successful recently but then had a miscarriage. I have found it very difficult to come to terms with it, especially since most of my friends/family are pregnant/recently had babies. Two weeks ago I decided to focus on the positive things in my life which has been going well and I have been feeling better. Yesterday I spoke to my best friend who told me she is 5 weeks pregnant with her 2nd child. I'm so happy that she has had no problems conceiving but feel so sad at the same time and am struggling to focus on the positive things again, I just want to cry 😢

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Lucy, really sorry you're having such a hard time. I'm currently sat on my best friends floor helping with her 17day old baby & she's no idea I'm checking for my lh surge every2 hours in her bathroom! Friends are there for us most of the time but sadly this is one thing even the closest just don't understand :( crying is normal as it is heartbreaking what we all have to go through. Give yourself time & some space if you need it. Take care x

• Hi lucy, I have no words of wisdom ... wish I could make you feel better. I don't think this is a Linear process and two steps forward, one step back physically and emotionally seems to be the way of things. You are entitled to feel whatever you feel and cry when you need to ... have you been offered any counselling talk it through? Pregnant people appear to be everywhere these days ...it's natural to find it difficult xxx take care xxx

• Hi Lucy - I hope you're feeling a little more positive today. It's a really unfair and sad situation to be in. You are happy for your friend but it's another reminder of what you could have had. It hurts. It sounds like you were doing a great job of focusing on the positive things and moving forward and I'm sure you will get back to that place. Lots of love to you, be kind to yourself and do what you need to do to get you through this difficult time x x x

You may also like...