Surrogacy as the only way possible

Hi everyone! I’m fairly new to this forum. My name is Lila, I’m 37 yo. I am married to a lovely man, but unfortunately am not able to have kids on my own. I’ve been diagnosed with the uterus cancer early in my twenties. That was a rough time for me, as you can possibly imagine. The drs said that there is no way possible to go through a complete remission without the surgery removal of my uterus. I gave my permission to that surgery. As for now there is no sight of cancer in my body but as a result I’ve became completely infertile.

Years after I’ve met my current husband, the man of my life and dreams. We decided to get married and as every happy couple want to have kids. He, of course, knows about my condition. That is clear that we have to find a surrogate mother for our child, it is the only way for us. We are going through such a trouble of finding nice clinics that provide good services. Surely there are lots of them. But it’s either too expensive or we would have to wait for years. I’m from UK by the way.

We’re still learning about how surrogacy works so can someone of you give us the advices on how to find a suitable surrogate? Or just share your experience? I would be really thankful to everyone who’ll leave a comment or two…

Thank you

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Lila- I'm sorry for everything you've been through- it's a lot to have dealt with. Great news that you are cancer free.

I have no personal experience of surrogacy but I have a friend who has a beautiful boy through a surrogate and she's very involved with an organisation called Surrogacy UK. Have a look at their website. They try to help surrogates and hopeful parents find each other and can also give advice.

Good luck! X

• Thanks for reply! I will be considering your advice to look at this organization you've mentioned.

But right now I'm more interested in getting a baby through a surrogacy option abroad, in Ukraine in particular. As lots of women have recommended me the clinic in Kiev..

Anyways, I appreciate your reply!

• Hi, Angeleee! Actually your answer was right on point. Been couple of days I've heard a lot about Ukrainian clinics, esp about one in particular.

It's rather fast to find a surrogate mother in 2 months, kind of impressive I'd say. That is the main plus apart from low prices I've seen in reviews.

• Hi lilacare2016. Just wanted to wish you well with all of this - and of course for success! Someone I know went through surrogacy several years ago, abroad - and after 3 goes in total, now have 2 wonderful children. Thinking of you. Diane

• Thank you for your comment, Diane! And for your sweet words too. This is so nice of you!

Hope you and your friend are doing fine. Have a wonderful day. Lila.

• Hi Lila.

I’m Gina, 37.

I was diagnosed with PCOS before.After I had to go through infinite number of tests. I am unable to conceive properly and have to undergo IVF treatment with DE. I’ve tried the treatment in different clinics in Czech and Russia. I was really disappointed at the time. In Czech after 2 attempts nothing was working. In Russia from 12 received eggs only 1 matured. Also BFN.

Staying at the time in Russia I’ve discovered another clinic in Ukraine. I went through IVF there, in Kiev. I am on 5 mo right now. Success after the first try. Amazing.

PM me if you are interested in more information , I would like to share it with you!

• Gina! Thank you for writing here. I am happy for your successful pregnancy. Why did you decided to go with the clinic abroad at the first place?

• So you've paid for everything and didn't have to worry about additional prices etc.? And for the start of your treatment, did you have to bring with some special certificates? I can't find it on their website and have to ask. Thanks.

• Yes, you actually have to bring with you your marriage certificate and a certificate that proves that you can't carry a baby (for a surrogate option).

Actually we've paid in3 installments, but the price was fixed, they just divided it into 3 parts.

• Thank you for your replies! And I have one more question to ask: how was the communication between you and the manager, the doctor?

• They have interpreters over there. So do not worry. Feel free to contact them, just for simple consultation. xx

• Thank you! I cried while reading about your hardships, but for now you are the happy mother of your second child! Yes, I definitely agree with you on the prices it is too expensive in here. Are they really that quick with finding a surrogate? This is impressive! I've heard about it only once or two times previously and thought of it as of some kind of a miracle. :-)

But when you sighed with them did you have to bring with some special documents or analysis. I'm asking due to our conditions. Or they do examinations by themselves?

• hi, sis

so sorry for u

i hope ur dream will come true soon or late

i'm a mother of two born by a surro back in 2015

many emotions about the journey so don't even know what to share with u

we proceed with the clinic directly, internationally

searching for a surro directly seemed to risky for us

xx

• Hi, hun! Thanks for replying and saying such kind words. Lots of love.

I also feel like searching for donors and surro mom is really risky though there are lots of couple who do that but for me it's definitely better to contact some clinics and sign the contracts to have like a legal cover or something, because I am new to this society and do not want to get scammed or even damage my health more. I am in search for the clinic but recently after getting so many good reviews on one particular one I thought that contacting it would be the best option.

Congratulations on becoming a mother! That's amazing!

Was your international experience good or did something go wrong??

• Hello! Good luck, I am praying for you to get the confirmation of the pregnancy!!!

Why did you opt the adoption before the surrogacy, I thought that it is one of the last choices women are tend to make after getting lots of bfn. I personally think of adoption as the last possibility, if I won't succeed with surrogacy I'll switch to looking for a baby to adopt.

I'll wait for your successful story at the very end, I believe that you'll get what you want!

• hi, tomorrow is our first important US test and screening :)

am I nervous? oh, i'm overwhelmed and can't wait for a manager emailing me with the results

minutes stretch to hours...

You may also like...