ivf with donor egg, need advice

Hello! I’m new here, my name is Megan, 29 yo. As all of you I dream to become a mother. My dh and I were ttc for a long time. We’ve tried different treatments and ivf. Unfortunately nothing gave result. There is only one and last option for us. It’s ivf with donor egg. Now we are looking for a clinic, where this procedure can be done. We decided to go to Europe, because prices there are lower. But I have no idea where to start my search. I’m new to all this and I’ll appreciate any help and advices. What should I consider? Maybe you know some good clinics? Reviews in the internet are so different. I hope to talk with someone, who underwent this procedure.

29 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome.

I have had successful treatment with DE, we used a clinic in Greece.

Private message me for details xx

• Thank you so much for support and advices! I'll definitely PM you to know more details. Now I spend 24/7 in the Internet, trying to find some answers. I must say it's not easy... There are so many controversial reviews. I hope I'll find all needed info. I appreciate your help!

• Which of the clinic in Greece and what was cost Tamtam2?

• Hi Megan! I’m sorry nothing worked on you. I have same situation so I know how it feels. I should say that de ivf is a very good treatment. I underwent this procedure in Ukraine. I became a mother of a beautiful girl two years ago. I had an opportunity to give the clinic a list with features of desirable donor. My daughter looks like me. No one can ever tell she’s from donor. First of all pay attention to reviews, good and bad. Make some kind of list of all pros and cons. Browse official websites of preferable clinics. I advice you to contact clinics directly. Ask them questions, which interest you. Pay attention to their answers. If clinic ignores your questions, ignores you, don’t answer for a long time or answers don’t satisfy you, then it’s better to cross that clinic off from your list. Communication with patients is important, it’s decisive factor. If they behave like that in the beginning, so you can imagine what will they do during the process.

• Thank you for response! I’ll definitely use all your advices. It’s very nice that there is a possibility to make your child look like you. I was really worring that someone will find out. Or even the worst – my baby will find out… We decided not to tell our future child about the procedure. May I ask you what is name of the clinic you’ve chosen? How much did you pay for the procedure? Hope for your help!

• We’ve also decided that the fact of ed will change nothing for our daughter. We’ve chosen BioTexCom clinic. We picked package ‘guaranteed success’. It includes 5 attempts of de ivf. Also the clinic gives money back in case of failure of all tries. We paid €9 900. There were other packages too. ‘Economy’ contains 1 attempt and costs €4 900. One more is 'double package', contains 2 attampts, €6 900. And also there was a package with transfer from de ivf to surrogacy.

• Prices are pretty normal. Especially if to compare with other countries. Which attempt was successful for you? I'll understand if it's too personal. How did you communicate with doctors? Did you hire a translator? And what with housing and transportation? I've never been to Ukraine. I have no idea how to find way to the clinic, hotel, etc. I have no idea how to be there with language barrier.

• It's ok, you can ask me whatever you need) I've got pregnant from 2nd attempt. The clinic provided us with all needs. We were met in the airport by taxi driver. Then the taxi carried us across Kiev and to the clinic. We had an English-speaking manager. She translated everything for us and answered our questions. The clinic provided us with comfortable apartment and food supply. We were worring about nothing, but de ivf procedure.

• What a relief! The clinic considered all needs of their foreign patients. But how much all these services costed? I guess the clinic will take double price for such services. They'll probably add some interests to the real price. But anyway I understand that it'll be much more easier for us if the clinic provides all this. Did you like your apartment? Doesn't it seem cheap?

• Actually all those services are already included into packages. We paid only that single price €9 900 for everything. The clinic never asked to pay extra fees. We have very nice apt with all needed facilities. It has kitchen, tv, internet, big bad, bathroom. It was modern and cozy. You may look by yourself btw! The clinic has official website with photos of housing they provide and the clinic itself.

• Sounds very good! I should say too good… Maybe there was something you didn't like? Please, be honest, I just want to know both sides, good and bad) How did you know that your donor is a healthy woman? Did you choose donor by yourself? I've read some reviews about unhealthy donors. Horrible stories, they scared me to death! Babies were born with some genetic diseases. I want to be sure that my baby will be healthy.

• There were really long lines. I didn't expect to see so many people. There were couples from different countries. Some came for de ivf, some for surrogacy. We were standing in lines for a couple of hours. All requirements to donors were set in our package. Age of all donors is 18-25 yo. All of them should have perfect physical and mental health. The clinic also checks donors and their relatives. They should not have any genetic diseases. We didn't choose donor, but our doctor did. We were told that contact of clients with donor is prohibited by law. But we had an opportunity to provide desired phenotype. So we make a list of features, which we want to see in our donor. We put there desirable hair color, eye color, face and nose shape, etc. In one word we wanted our donor to look like me. Then our program coordinator presented us 3 variants and we chose the most suitable donor for us.

• Their donors are so young! It's very good they check not only donors, but their relatives too. I think that long lines are not a negative thing. They show that clinic is popular and successful in its field. Did you visit clinics for ulrasounds and tests? How much visits did you have? And what with housing and taxi? Did the clinic provide you with these services during all your visits? I hope it wasn't a one-time service.

• Yes, you are absolutely right. People go there not for nothing. Personally I am very happy with the result) We made ultrasounds and tests at our local clinic. Then we've just sended all results to our program coordinator by mail. So there were no extra waste of money. We had 3 visits in a frameworks of our procedure. The clinic provided us with taxi and accommodation during all our visits. By the way, we were provided with food supply as well. And again all these services were already included into our package. We didn't pay additional charges. Our doctor assigned the treatment plan for us. Also she gave us all needed instructions.The first attendance lasted 2 days. During this visit we had medical examination. Also we were provided with information about the program, organizational and medical parts and terms of the contract. Our second and third visits lasted for 6 days. We had sperm pick-up, fertilization of donor’s eggs and embryo transfer.

• Thank you so much for help! You've answered all my questions and I'm very greatful. I hope I din't bore you much) I'll definitely consider everything you've told. I'll talk to my husband about this clinic. I think it's a very good option for us. We'll contact the clinic and will see, what to do next. Thanks a lot!

• You're welcome! You didn't bother me at all. I'm always ready to help. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. I remember when I was in my search. I'm grateful to women, who underwent the procedure. They helped me to find reliable clinic. So know it's my turn to help) I wish you all the best! Good luck xx

• Hi which clinic there did you use please?

• Hi dear! I used Ukrainian clinic BioTexCom. I've got pregnant from 2nd attempt. The clinic provided us with all needs. We were met in the airport by taxi driver. Then the taxi carried us across Kiev and to the clinic. We had an English-speaking manager. She translated everything for us and answered our questions. The clinic provided us with comfortable apartment and food supply. We were worring about nothing, but de ivf procedure. If you have more questions, feel free to ask here or write me a private message) Good luck!

• Hi thanks , do they have black donor cause am black African.

• You're welcome honey! The clinic has pretty big database of donors. I can't tell for sure if they have donor you need. I advise you to contact the clinic directly and ask all questions which interests you. You won't have to wait for reply too long! We contacted the clinic a couple of times and they responded really fast. It has a website where you can find all contacts, prices, services. photos, etc. There you also can find videos, where their client managers tell more about the procedure and the clinic itself. Good luck xx

• Thanks a lot darling i will contact them.

• Hi Megan,

I also went abroad for DE treatment and was successful with my second transfer (FET). I went to the Czech Rep. I would say as there is so many clinics out there that are very good, that I started my search by country and how easy it was to get flights to/from and the cost. As Kathy said prompt communication is key, as a lot will be discussed via email.

Good luck with your search. Pm any questions you have and also if you would like to know my clinic.

Jx

• I appreciate your support! Finally I can talk with people who understand. Also I'm confused, because it won't be my child genetically. My husband look positive on this procedure. Why wouldn't he, it will be his child anyway! And I will be just some woman, who gave birth. Will this child love me? Will I love this child? I'm scared that someone will notice child is not mine... I'm afraid when child will grow up he/she will hate me because of this. All of my friends have kids. They don't understand me at all. They say 'maybe it's your destiny to be childless, enjoy your life!'. But I can't live like this! I'm absolutely confused( I'm sorry for my revelations. I'll PM you, want to know more details about this clinic!

• I have all these same fears as you. I would rather do DE in the uk so child can trace roots if they wish when 18 but it is just soooo expensive here that it's not really an option for us. I worry about the implications but I have to be honest with the child.I'm also really struggling to let go of the idea of my own eggs.i am 44 tho so after 1 unsuccessful round of IVF, the doctor said I would be foolish to spend money again on own egg IVF!😔

• Hi megan33, I'm so sorry that you've had such a difficult time, I'm currently doing DE IVF in Greece, the clinic is amazing. Private message me and I'll send you all the info. Xxxx

• Hi ! I have done ivf ICSI with donor sperm here in the UK. That only because it was funded. It didn't work. It is a hard process to consider. Have a sesiune at least with a counselor. Maybe it can help you. All I can say is good luck! You age should be a plus.I am 29 as well. Take care! Xxx

• We used DE for our 3rd and final round of ICSI. We stayed in the UK as part of the process we had to have an implications counselling session. The current advice is to tell the child/ren from a very early age that DE were used in child friendly language obviously. No-one can enforce this so it is up to you.

The Donor Conception website was helpful in answering my fears about whether I would bond with the baby etc.

Unfortunately we got a BFN.

I hope that using DE works for you.

• Hello girls! I think this thread is very helpful for those who are in search of good clinic. I also want to share my experience. Maybe it will help someone) I'm currently pregnant with twins from donor egg. For me looking for a clinic was one of the hardest and stressing parts. When you think you've finally found what you was looking for, you see some info, which changes your opinion completely. We've chosen Ukrainian clinic Biotexcom. Its manager didn't make us to wait. I advise you to contact clinics directly. Each professional clinic has a website with all direct contacts, services, prices, photos and so on. There are so many fraudsters and you should be very attentive. The main criteria for me were positive reviews, professional doctors and good service. Though we had some worries about being in foreign country, but thanks to the clinic we were caring only about the procedure. All services were already included in our package. We paid €9 900 for everything. The clinic never asked to pay extra charges. We had 5 attempts. I've got pregnant from 2nd attempt. The clinic returns money in case of 5 failures. So we had nothing to loose and that's why we've chosen this package. They also have packages, which include 1 or 2 attempts. They cost less. And also there was a package with transfer from de ivf to surrogacy. I don't remember all details, sorry) At first we were sceptical about Ukraine. Positive reviews convinced us only to go there and check the clinic. We were not sure about signing the contract. They have some photos on their website, but you know, photos may be fake. Such things happen. But our doubts faded away as soon as we saw the clinic, it's fancy design and modern equipment. Also seeing so many couples there convinced us, that it's professional clinic, which is popular in the field of reproductive medicine. All requirements to donors were set in our package. Age of all donors is 18-25 yo. All of them should have perfect physical and mental health. The clinic also checks donors and their relatives. They should not have any genetic diseases. We make a list of features, which we want to see in our donor. We put there desirable hair color, eye color, face and nose shape, etc. In one word we wanted our donor to look like me. Then our program coordinator presented us 3 variants and we chose the most suitable donor for us.

• Hello girls! Due to condition of my health de ivf is my last chance to have a baby. It’s so hard for me to decide on this procedure. I asked my sister to be our donor. Unfortunately she refused. I thought that maybe it’ll be easier to take this situation if it’s eggs of my sis. She thinks it will be wrong if we raise her baby. Thank you for links and clinics' names. I'm in search of a clinic abroad. Prices in Europe seem more reasonable, so I think it will be better to look for clinic there.

You may also like...