Counselling after ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage

My hubby and I have been going for fertility counselling for 2 years and we have found it very beneficial. We went last Thursday this was our first session since my ectopic pregnancy 5 weeks ago. We both thought it would be tough but both came out feeling more fed up and tired whereas I thought we would feel more refreshed. As anyone else had this experience? if so how many sessions did it take for you to feel it beneficial again? Thanks Tasha x

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Tasha,

Have you been seeing the same counsellor for all that time? Perhaps you need to raise your feelings about this session with them.

I think part of it depends on the working relationship you've built up with the counsellor. My hubby didn't take to the lady we saw at the fertility clinic so I don't think we'll see her much. I've had counselling on my own previously and seemed to click with the person, initially I didn't talk much but after a few sessions I started to feel the benefits.

You've been through a very tough time so one session may not be enough.

Sending you lots of good wishes!

• Hi

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes it is the same Counsellor and I think we have a good working relationship with her. I think we were both dreading going because of what's happened so that made it more difficult. We are going back in 2 weeks so that might be better. As you say one session may not be enough. Thank you for your good wishes. Take Care. Tasha

• You sometimes have to come down before you go back up. I would persevere through another session - it can take time!

You may also like...