ERIC
2,480 members1,138 posts

What nappies to use

Hi any recommendations on a good nappy for both day and night for my 4 year old that although this might sound stupid isn't to baby like? We use pampers 8s at the moment but she has recently started saying they are for babies as her younger cousin wear them. I hate to think she feels like a baby as she is trying so hard to be a normal 4 year old but is struggling with potty training,

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Any nappies with do that what I do for my 8yo

Do you use any brand in particular, I'm finding pampers good but can't see her being in them for much longer as she hates wearing "baby" nappies.

Tesco recently brought out "Junior Nappies" basically adult nappies in small size, £4.50 for 20

Have you tried these. Any good?

I have not as my daughter and I get ours from the NHS but I hear they are good

I’m also interested. I’m contemplating putting my 5 year old son back in nappies. I’m wondering if there are some that aren’t as bulky and noticeable though as he starts school next year.

We've only ever used pampers and are currently using size 8, they do what we need and are not really bulky but are obviously designed for baby/ toddler so are slightly babyish for older children. I tried the tesco junior nappies and although they are plain white I wasn't overly keen on the 2 tabs on the front and they seemed to be quiet saggy around the crotch area and sat quiet high up the back making them almost impossible to wear un noticeable. Are you thinking pullups or nappies? What have you previously used"?

Well nothing really as I’ve sort of been in denial about this being a long term thing but now I’m realizing it could be years so need to start thinking about dealing with it rather than fixing it. I was thinking pull ups as he’s starting school and want him to be able to do it himself. I saw somebody in a Facebook group said they were using pantyliners but thought maybe a pad would be safer but not sure if it would be too big

You may also like...