Government disability pension - Epilepsy South Af...

Epilepsy South Africa

711 members250 posts

Government disability pension

Epilepsy007 profile image

Hi, my daughter has epilepsy since she's been 14 years old she is now 27, I just want to know if she eligible for a government disability pension and if so how do we apply for this. She has two children, and I no longer work and her medication is quite expensive. Kind regards Johan Schoültz

3 Replies
EpilepsySA profile image

Your daughter should qualify, but will need to be assessed be SASSA. She will thus need to visit the nearest office of SASSA. The Epilepsy SA Branch nearest to you will be able to help with this process. Simply dial our tollfree number (0860EPILEPSY) during office horus to automatically connect to the nearest Branch or email remembering to tell us where you live.

Thank you so much.

Hi, Certainly you daughter can vist her nearest SASSA office and tell them that shre s living with this condition and they will issue her with forms afor her doctor to fill in but first she needs to get a doctors motivations letter to prove it to them before they can even give her the forms and then an appointment will be setup for her to be assessed by the Doctor in their facility and only them she can start with the process its very quick. I did for two days and it was done.

You may also like...