Epilepsy Society
639 members110 posts

Recently started taking 1000mg Keppra, any guys aware of erection problems with these meds? Although ejaculation is longer erections weaker.

Keppra sexual side effects

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I can't comment about your situation as it's my wife that has severe epilepsy and she went up to 1500mg twice a day with this horrible drug. There's many side effects with this medication including bad moods and emotions, it was terrible. Are your seizures controlled with this med? if not it might be worth considering weaning off, ask your neuro or epilepsy nurse.

1 like

Thanks for your reply, yes I’m having those side effects emotions & moods big time! The Keppra is defo controlling the seizures, my seizures only started 2 months ago so all this very new, appreciate your reply 👍🏽 Cheers

that's brilliant i'm glad you're doing better, my wife has seizures most days so our sex life is difficult at times, it's not easy living with epilepsy with so many side effects, I hope things improve for you with time. It's very brave of you talking about your personal situation but i'm sure it will help others

1 like

Cheers mate appreciate your messages.