Simple faint seizure

Hi. I don't know if I can post this here, but I have what they call simple faint seizure. It isn't a real seizure but I will start convulsing, say if I haven't ate every 2-3 hours. Basically I will feel faint if I either don't eat within those hours or if I am in a position for too long . it worsens on my period but that hasn't ever happened before I started showing symptoms, because I know some people actually feel faint on their periods. Other times it comes on at random. Does anyone else have this and what do you do, because if I fall out, I will convulse.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Buhbs

There are many different types of epilepsy. But we have not heard of the term ‘simple faint seizures’. Here is a link to our information on the different types of epilepsy. epilepsy.org.uk/info/seizur...

There is a community on HealthUnlocked for people who experience syncope (fainting), or unexplained loss of consciousness healthunlocked.com/stars . You may wish to also post your question on their page and see if others have similar experiences. If they don’t, it would be best for you to ask your doctor to explain your diagnosis so you can find the right information to support yourself.

If it would help for you to talk to our help team directly, the Epilepsy Action Helpline freephone 0808 800 5050. Our helpline is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 5.30pm.

Regards

Diane

Epilepsy Action Helpline Team

• Do you have any other medical conditions? How much water are you drinking? What other medication are you taking? Petit Mal may cause what can be called 'absences'.

• Hi, one good thing is you know what triggers this problem Have you spoken to a neurologist, if you do - write down in detail exactly what happens- before during and after. Have you spoken to a GP? I have read recently on other forums that what you describe are triggers for other people as well.

If you know your general triggers then you can prepare and seek to avoid missing meals. Perhaps you are suffering from low sugar, need small regular meals, but if you haven't done so I would get a good medical and bloods done because this might be something that can be easily addressed. In other words you might not have epilepsy as such but a natural bodily response to other conditions.

Sorry this is a bit tattily written, just thinking about this as I write.

Good luck but see a GP at least.

You may also like...