Familiar dragging sensation .. Post-op pain still?

Hi

I am 13 weeks post op from having a lap to remove ovary, adhesions/endo. Have been quite sore and consultant said it would take longer this time to heal than before due to the invasive nature of surgery. Started on hrt following release from hospital and everything has been okay. I am now starting to have period like pain that horrible dragging sensation and wonder if it's still my body dealing with everything ie surgery hrt?

Sx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It is more than likely post op pain, when they do the surgery it is very invasive and your insides will need time to heal. it also takes longer to heal inside, i found that when i had surgery it took a very long time to heal inside, and i still get pains now! Just keep on the pain killers and try to relax :)

• Thanks for that had nothing to really base it on this time as the last two laps I bounced (not quite literally) back within a few weeks. x

• Hi Smiley

It is more than likely post-op pain as gradually your body will be doing more and more whilst your insides are still healing. I am only 3 weeks post-op but since the New Year have done full days at work and am really feeling sore and in pain today. Thankfully tomorrow and Monday I am off work so plan on doing very little and recovering some more.

Please try to be kind to yourself and remember to take things easy.

Fingers crossed for a smooth & swift recovery, xx

• Thanks for that had nothing to really base it on this time as the last two laps I bounced (not quite literally) back within a few weeks. x

You may also like...