I have hit rock bottom

Since I found out I still have this 'thing' few wks back my world has hit an all time low!!!!! I just can't seem to find a way out when I am desperate to move on and get on with my life and get pregnant. Mornings are the worst as I wake up panicking that my life is such a mess I feel like giving up, infact I think I have. Ive got no interest in anything and just cry all the time thinking why the hell I didn't have a baby a few years ago when I didn't have anything wrong with me and I should have just got on with it. All would be bliss right now. I now live in deep regret and feel I've messed up big time.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I know it can be hard to deal with both the painful symptoms and the fear of infertility. I'm only 20 and I'm scared about whether or not I have any chance of having a family later, but I don't think you should regret your earlier decisions. I know a few days ago I felt like it had taken over my life and I couldn't think about much else. It's really important to talk (IMHO) about it. I hope you start feeling better soon and stop panicking - if you are panicking it is much harder to move forward. :) A

• Regret is a horrible emotion, however none of us have a crystal ball we never know what life is going to throw our way. I know it may seem like your world has ended but Im sure there is still hope, If you havent got it already, you need to find out what your options are so you decide whats best for you and if you can have treatment to help your fertility, its not usually a definite 'no' there are usually maybe's or miracles. There is no point beating yourself up about what you should have done, you said you should have just had a baby years ago when you didnt have anything wrong with you but (in my opinion) I think its likely that if you have endometriosis now, its very likely you had it then too. Its estimated that people have it for around 8 years before it is correctly diagnosed. Many people have no symptoms for a long time so just dont realise. You dont dont know what would have happened all you can do it plan from this point on. I do understand how you feel, there are times when i feel so low and in so much pain I just want to (and do) stay in bed for days and I can't see past this horrible condition, it can take over your life. Try not to be so hard on yourself and if getting pregnant is your goal act asap to get all the information you can.... and dont always rely on one opinion, the medical profession dont always get it right, keep pushing for answers and information. Good luck. x

You may also like...