Does anyone have any suggestions for pain relief? At my wit's end!

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything else I can do as I'm still in a substantial amount of pain that is making my life a misery after the following so far this morning: 60mg codeine, 1000mg paracetamol, 500mg mefenamic acid, 10mg buscopan plus 1 stick on heat pad, 1 hot water bottle and 2 microwaveable oat packs arranged around my tummy, back and thighs... I'm no longer crying in agony but can't move the various heat arrangements or I'll start crying again. I see the consultant in 10 days but I'm not sure how I'll manage that long. Thanks for any and all help,

A

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Scratch that - even with all this I'm still crying/moaning with the pain. I just don't know what to do any more. A

• Could you get an emergency appointment with your GP or out-of-hours? You shouldn't have to be in this much pain, there must be something that can be done. Especially if this came on suddenly, it needs to be looked at. Let us know how you get on today x

• Got an emergency appointment for this afternoon though it has abated a little. Think the side-effects of the codeine may have contributed to the pain somewhat... A

• Hi, I went to see the doctor who was very understanding and said that codeine doesn't work for everyone. I have been prescribed tramadol so I will see how it goes. A

You may also like...