qwful pains in my groin is it my ovary ?????????????????

i have hardly slept since saturday i keep getting a horrible stabbing sort of pain around my section scar wich travels down in to my groin area anybody else get this ive had to drag myself to work today my husbands just got back and ive had to cope with my 5 year old twins for 5 days on my own with this this horrible pain and hardly any sleep ive just finished my period but never had this before any help would be most greatful i see my new consultant on the 19th .it feel like mu=y overy is being stabbed or strangled

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello, I have this pain too. It starts a few days after my period ends and goes on for up to two weeks. I assume it is something to do with ovulation, but it seems to last a very long time. It is worse than period pain sometimes. I sometimes wake in the night with a tearing sensation, the rest of the time it is like nerve pain and stabbing, sometimes radiating down my leg. I have had endo since aged 12 (I am 41 now), but this pain is recent over the last couple of years. I believe one of my ovaries was damaged during surgery - I only recently found out that one of my ovaries was almost obliterated during laser surgery (and they were supposed to be preserving my fertility!) and I think this is the cause of at least some of the pain. I feel it is affected by what I eat so I try to eat very small amounts often during this time rather than full meals. If I keep my stomach fairly empty it seems to help. I'm sorry I can't offer more advice, only to say you are not the only one! I believe this is very common and I understand that even though the pain is horrific it is not actually doing any harm although that's hard to believe sometimes. I have a mini electric blanket too that I put on my stomach to get to sleep at night - it really does give me some comfort. Good luck with your new consultant and I hope things will improve for you soon.

• I've got scar endometriosis & the pain sounds very similar to mine. I didn't previously have endo but it's come through some scar tissue, not sure if it was from a previous lap or my c-section, I have a large lump there now which is being removed on monday - might be worth asking for a scan to check x

• thank you its bad today 4 pain killers already 30/500mg and not touching it lol struggled to drive home from work as when i press my break it hurts even more think ill call my gp tomorrow 3:30 am i last looked at the clock i also have one of them lavander heat pillows you put in the micro wave seems to ease it a little

• Hi, I have these pain too and have been told it is probably neuropathic pain. I would def go to the GP, if it is that bad it may be a twisted cyst or something, I has that and it was excruciating, they think that's what damaged all the nerves. If it a different pain to normal it's always worth getting it checked. Hope it is something straight forward though.

• Hi, I have these pain too and have been told it is probably neuropathic pain. I would def go to the GP, if it is that bad it may be a twisted cyst or something, I has that and it was excruciating, they think that's what damaged all the nerves. If it a different pain to normal it's always worth getting it checked. Hope it is something straight forward though.

You may also like...