Have you all signed this?

Sorry, I'm being a pest, I'm one of the endo sufferers that struggle with looking for work and then wondering whether with all the problems that endo entails, (in my case, constipation, diarrhoea, mind-numbingly bad pain etc...) that I'm just sharing this petition to get endometriosis classed as a disability, I'm sure enough of you will agree that it CAN have a profound impact on your daily life and routine.

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/pe...

If by any chance, anyone is offended or disagrees with this post than I apologise wholeheartedly.

Love and hugs,

D.x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi i have just signed this i lost my job in march this year due to days off and illness due to undiagnosed endometriosis, i found out on tuesday that i have it. Id love to work but i just dont think i could cope im only ok 2 weeks out of 4 and thats if im lucky. I do think this illness should be taken more serious as we cant move some of the time with the pain being so intense i do hope you get enough signatures xx

• Sadly, it's not my petition but I'm spreading it everywhere I go. :)

D.x

• I have signed it!

Thankyou GamerrGrrl

:)

• Signed xxx

• Signed all ready and posted on Facebook.

• check the law and the facts at direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPe...

• Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to respond to this post by letting you where Endometriosis UK stands on the petition. We know how difficult living with endometriosis can be, and how much it affects your lives. We are working every day to try and help by providing support and information for all women who suffer with endometriosis, whether a little or a lot. However, we feel that classing endometriosis as a disability may have adverse effects to the many women who suffer from endometriosis.

One of our trustees, Carol, has addressed this issue in another post by saying

"If we fight for endo to be recognised as a disability, we are however ignoring the proportion of women whose careers and lives may be detrimentally affected because they are automatically classed as 'disabled' - yes this could go against them in interviews (because an employer could decide that they are unable, for business reasons, to make reasonable adjustments that may be needed - even if the person is not asking for these). On the other hand, if a woman with endometriosis is affected with disabling symptoms, they should be covered by the Equality Act - the Equality Commission have a very good helpline and can give advice on this. With regards to ESA (replaced disability living allowance), I am disappointed to hear from a number of women that their assessments have been very much a tick list that has not considered their symptoms and issues - I think this one is more difficult and has been affected by the current economic climate. If you are facing issues claiming ESA, I would recommend contacting your local MP and explaining your story."

You can read her full responses by looking at this message by clicking here endometriosis-uk.healthunlo...

Hopefully this is of some use. As I said we are working to help all women who suffer with endometriosis and believe that sometimes this may impact on some women with endo in a negative way. We would ask that you would consider signing our petition to reduce diagnosis times and improve the lives of everyone woman who suffers from this horrible condition by clicking here - epetitions.direct.gov.uk/pe...

Thank you,

You may also like...