Major bloating, have been told its gall stones??!

Hey, I have endometriosis & adenomyosis. Im nearl 20, got diagnosed at 16, suspected to have had endo since at least 14. For months now ive been rediculously bloated (look at least 6months pregnant, I wish!) the swelling is worse just under my boobs on the right hand side & is most painful that side sooo... been back and forward to the doctors & they said ibs, celiac, and the best one indegestion! but now have got to have an urgent scan for gall stones :-s was wondering if anyone else has had problems with theirs?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This time last year I was in a very similar situation to you and the bloating was unreal!!! It turned out I had an ovarian ( chocolate cyst) which was removed along with the ovary in sep 2011. I also used to get a ripping pain higher up and lower down and even into my thighs. My recovery was slow and i decided to look at what i was eating. I loved comfort food at this time and it wasnt making mr better. By Christmas I eliminated wheat and milk ( now I use rice milk) and my bloating seems to be under control providing I don't cheat too much eg taking a piece of someone's birthday cake. If I overdo it my body lets me know. Doing exercise seems to help too. I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on and I hope you get rid of the bloating ASAP as it got me down. I was once asked by the checkout woman at tesco if I was collecting baby club vouchers and I just said not yet!!!! Ugh?!

• I had gallbladder removed about 10 years ago,spent a lot of time doubled up with pain in right side before it was discovered with an ultrasound scan. i can only describe pain as a feeling like my right breast was going to burst,pains in back and over shoulder. Looking back i think had endo then as well but wasnt diagnosed until about 4 years ago.. Im 49 .. hope this helps a bit ..

• I can see why they're wanting to scan you for gallstones, and I wonder if gallstones and endo are somehow linked because so many of us seem to have trouble with both

I had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago but it didn't cause any major bloating, and the pain was quite different to the endo pain. It certainly can't hurt to have a scan though. Of all the surgeries I've had, having my gallbladder whipped out was the best one of all; that pain was horrible, ugh

Good luck, and in the meantime, stay off everything with even a tiny bit of fat in it because if it IS gallstones, you don't want to be irritating it further

• Hey, they still dont know whats going on :( was in a + e on sunday night and had more bloodtests and have once again been fobbed off with pain relief. I have however got my scan alot quicker (i think next week) and have seen gynea yday and she wants me to have another lap to burn off more endo! widh me luck xx

• Hey, they still dont know whats going on :( was in a + e on sunday night and had more bloodtests and have once again been fobbed off with pain relief. I have however got my scan alot quicker (i think next week) and have seen gynea yday and she wants me to have another lap to burn off more endo! widh me luck xx

• Hi Gina, this bloatedness is VERY common with adenomyosis. I wanted to offer some support where possible. Please feel free to contact me via the main website adenomyosisadviceassociatio... or via the Facebook or Twitter pages. Kind regards, Danielle Wright, Founder of the Adenomyosis Advice Association

You may also like...