So I was diagnosed with Deep infiltrating Endo on my pouch of Douglas and uterosacral ligaments last month but they weren’t able to remove it during the lap so I’m awaiting further surgery. I’ve been told potentially 8-12 months wait, even though it’s been marked as urgent and would hopefully be done in 3-4 months best case scenario. However with Covid on the rise again I can’t see it being any time soon.
I’m in pain daily and can’t walk properly, but I’ve been on the pill for 13 years now. Basically I’m worried that if the Surgery isn’t done soon it’s a waiting game in terms of fertility. Me and my partner have considered our options and I’m thinking of coming off the pill to try for a baby. I wondered if anybody had been in a similar position? I’m really worried that my pain will worsen coming off the pill but it’s a catch 22 as I don’t want to ever regret not trying if In future my fertility is an issue anyway. Then at least we can say we tried rather than what if.
Has anybody come off the pill before having surgery and how has it been? Sorry for the incredibly lengthy post! Thanks x