Feeling nervous : Hi guys well I go in on... - Endometriosis UK

Endometriosis UK

52,552 members42,833 posts

Feeling nervous

Loulou1980
Loulou1980

Hi guys well I go in on Wednesday for full hysterectomy and bowel removal due to endometriosis feeling really scared had my pre op assessment yesterday they said I'm more than likely going to end up with a colospeny bag but I have a 50/50 chance of of it being reversed guess I won't know till it comes to it; I really don't know how I'm going to cope with a colospeny bag the thought of it has been giving me nightmares to the point I can't sleep properly; time is going so quick

I'll keep you all updated

They said I'm going to on the operating table for 6/8 hours possibly longer If any problems 😓😥

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi I hope the op goes well, I had mine on 1/8, given a similar chance of a bag- woke up without one! Did have a catheter for a week after as I couldn't wee.

Bowel movements are still painful but occasionally have a little lactose so help make it easier.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mx

Hi try and stay positive as hopefully you won’t need the bag. Let us know how you get on. Sending you a hug as I can imagine how scared you must feel x

Hi,

I can only imagine how scared you must feel. Could you maybe try to focus on all your symptoms that are bad that the op will be making better for you?

Good luck. You are not alone we are all here for you. Xxx

Thank you hun words mean alot xxxxxx

You may also like...