after some research I realized that it is highly likely I have endometriosis. My symptoms include:
- Intolerable pains during my menstruation that last for more than 48 hours and it is becoming increasingly difficult to control them with painkillers
- Diarrhea and vomiting during those 48 hours
- Occasional mild pains throughout my cycle
- Occasional pains in the lower right part of my abdomen (just like appendicitis)
- I used to have irregular bleeding but after taking contraceptives for a month it disappeared
- Occasional pain during sex
I've been to numerous doctors for the above-mentioned symptoms and have done numerous tests. I get painkillers administered for the period pains. I've been to a gynecologist who "didn't find gynecological reasons" for the pains (after ultrasound and internal examination).
So now that I think I might have endometriosis, I wonder is it worth going to the doctor again and insisting on a proper examination, including MRI/laparascopy? I don't know if I'm infertile or not because I've never actively tried to get pregnant. I also know my body well and I know how long I will be aching and what soothes the pain and what makes it worse.
So do I really need an official diagnosis or should I continue my life, controlling the symptoms, until it becomes absolutely necessary to have an official diagnosis?