Endometriosis UK
41,431 members35,327 posts

I had a lap on Monday and I still haven't had a bowel movement, how long does it usually take?

Had my first lap on Monday and my stomach is really bloated, still haven't had a bowel movement or even felt like I need to. I've been active since Tuesday and I've been eating and drinking normally. Just wondering how long it usually takes? x

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Had my first laparoscopy on Tues last week, first poo on the Friday after. Was starting to worry too! You'll be right - you can always call 111 and ask at what point you need to worry.

Took me about three days after my lap from what I can remember. I was getting worried, but like you I didn't even feel the need to go. Nature soon took over, I was so relieved! Did they give you any codine or anything with codine in it? That can cause constipation, so it might be to do with that?

If you are really worried give your GP a visit or call 111 like kaloust suggests.

4-5 days is normal. I was the same after my recent op. The thing that worked for me was eating prunes and drinking prune juice. Xxx

Took me 7 days after op for bowel movement. Gas pains were horrific too. Plenty peppermint tea and I swear by milk of magnesia. It really help me xx

Plus codeine causes constipation. Nurse also told me plenty fruit and veg. I feel your pain xx

You may also like...