Endometriosis UK
36,813 members32,529 posts

Anxiety, depression and Endo pain survey

Hey fellow warriors 💛🎗

I was diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis in 2011/2012, when I became worried that I hadn't fell pregnant during my 9year relationship. I also experienced strange pains and discomfort during menstruation and during other times which I put down to being 'normal.'

I was given a treatment surgery a year after diagnosis, which was beneficial for a good 9 months before it returned. I have since tried several contraceptive combinations for pain relief, but am currently on norethisterone which seems to be helping 🤞🏼

Still, my mental health suffers due to on-set of pain. I regularly experience anxiety, panic attacks and on-going depression. It is because of this I decided to investigate the pain experience of endometriosis and how it affects, and is affected by our psychological wellbeing for my dissertation at University.

To do so, I devised a short survey and was hoping you ladies wouldn't mind completing it? It is completely confidential and anonymous, I require no personal information and it can be done on a smart phone for your convenience 😄

Do you also suffer with your mental health? How does the pain affect your quality of life?

Here's the link: derby.qualtrics.com/jfe/for...

Thankyou in advance ladies 💛🎗

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey just completed the survey hope it helps you ☺

1 like

Thankyou so much lovely 💛

Great survey Becci.Thanks so much I’ve completed it today.Best wishes,Clare

1 like

Ahhh thankyou Claire 💛very much appreciated xx

1 like

Done ✅ x

1 like

Thankyouuuu lovely 💛

You’re welcome 😘

Done! I have anxiety, OCD and endo but they're all being treated so my answers for the current week perhaps don't reflect the pain/anxiety i've had in the past :) hope it helps, i know what it's like trying to get info on these things!

1 like

Bless you Hunni, thankyou for completing it. I'll use current effective treatments as an extraneous variable within my results discussion. Thankyouuuu. Xx

1 like

Done xx

1 like

Thankyouuuu lovely! 💛xx

You may also like...