Endometriosis UK
34,673 members30,927 posts

Treatment and management of mild eno

Hey guys, I have just joined this site today after being diagnosed, through a laparoscopy, with mild endometriosis (on the 24th of April). I really just wanted to see where other people have gone from here. The gynaecologist on the day of my surgery pretty much said "We found mild endo, when your anaesthetic wears of you can go home...."

I do have a follow up appointment with her in two months so maybe I'll be able to have a better discussion with her then but in the mean time do you guy's have any suggestions on treatments I should think about or ways to manage mild endo? I already know that I don't want any type of coil and I have been having a rough time finding a pill that works for me. Any tips or suggestions? I would love to hear everyone's experiences after diagnosis and in finding things that help them to manage or cope with endometriosis.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello welcome to the site I'm also very new to endometriosis and wating on some help but find we don't really get it and get fobed off but hope u feely better soon I find a helthey diet no dairy and gluten free food also lemon water help x

1 like

Thank you for replying, That's exactly how I feel and have felt for a long time. I started having all the pains pretty much as i started my period and the doctors always kept telling me that it was all in my head, One doctor even told my mum I was making it up to have days off of school whilst I was sitting in his office in a large amount of pain!! I even felt like the gyno wanted to get me out as soon as I was able to stand and didn't really want to tell me anything.

I will definitely have to try to change up my diet, I have read a lot about it but I am quite a fussy eater :/ If it is seeming to help someone else though I will give it a go, its a small price to pay compared to all the pain :)

I also love food so at moment I'm so down with what too eat but I'll get there hope y do too x

Watch what you are eating, other than the bad processed stuff a lot of healthy options such a Flaxseeds etc naturally boost estrogen levels which will encourage the Ladycare Stone does say it can help with endo and period symptoms.

1 like

Good evening!

I understand why you do not want any type of coil, I didn't either due to many women in my family having issues with them. However! Please hear me out. I started with the symptoms of endo when I was 12 years old, for me this included severe lower abdominal, lower back and leg pain also very heavy irregular periods (bleeding for 4 weeks and coming on 14 days after). It made me very ill. Due to my age I was put on contraception, one after the other they failed the pill (9 different pill), injections, injections and the pill the implant and the implant with the pill. None made any difference. I had a another laparoscapy on the 24th April and they finally found the endometriosis and excised it 😊 I am now 33 years old. During these 21 years of. . .well not being well and pain management the only thing that has provided me with any physical comfort is the "merina coil". It really helped me!

I do apologise if it seems that I am not respecting your wishes that is not my intension.

I wish you all the best, take care.

1 like

It's so nice to hear a positive story for once about a coil, all I've heard are bad ones all around. I think I have always thought as it as a last resort as I've not even tried anything else at this stage :)

I'm so happy you have finally found something that helps you! Did your pain stop/reduce right after the coil or did you have a bit of time where you had to get used to it? What are your other symptoms like now with the coil in?

Well hopfully now that the endometriosis has been cut out I will no longer experience the symptoms lol. I have 6 years experience of endo with the coil. The other symptoms I experienced that were related to the endometriosis were severe constipation, fatigue, passing out vomiting and if I remember correctly also migranes. Yes it took over 3 years for any of the symptoms to subside. The vomiting and passing out went completely. The bleeding became minimal, migranes subsided alot also. The pain although still classed as severe was more manageable than originally, bleeding would only last for 3 to 5 days and I would often go 28 days without bleeding but it did not touch the constipation.

I hope this helps.

1 like

You may also like...