Endometriosis UK
34,152 members30,533 posts

Next steps

Hello all,

Firstly can I say how much comfort all your posts have given me as I am just beginning to go through the process of a diagnosis. I have had ME/CFS for 10+ and so some of my symptoms I put down to my ME. However after 13+ years of the pill and just dealing with it the symptoms that weren't ME started to get to the point where after 8 full periods in 2 weeks, frustrated and exhausted I went to the doctors, I am 26. Thankfully my male doctor and my female nurse have gotten me a TA and TV ultrasound within two weeks (scan is on Thursday) and they have quickly ruled out other things like thyroid conditions or PCOS and suspect Endometriosis.

I was wondering:-

A) how many people have been offered the lap surgery for diagnosis or did you have to ask for it?

B) are there any others with both ME and Endo as I understand the proportion is quite high?

I am hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel as I feel like it's all in my head sometimes. Many thanks 😊

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi.

May I ask how Thyroid conditions were ruled out? Would I be correct in assuming that you had blood tests for T4 and TSH only?

Would you consider asking for Thyroid Antibodies (TPO & Tg) to be tested also? Raised Antibodies would confirm a diagnosis of Hashimoto's Autoimmune Thyroiditis. With Hashimoto's bloods can fluctuate so 'in range' T4 and TSH results could be inconclusive.

Hashimoto's is the cause of Hypothyroidism in most cases.

Have you looked on Thyroid UK at the list of symptoms of Underactive Thyroid to see how many you have?

Have you put on any unexplained weight? Any other symptoms such as constipation for example.

Hi, thank you for replying, and no ask away! I've had two blood tests (atleast!)for it over the years. One about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't tell you specifics I'm afraid. I have close relatives with hypothyroidism and my symptoms don't match either hypo or hyper unfortunately, that would be too simple 😊. I don't have a lot of the symptoms such as heart palpitations, oedema, shortness of breath, thirst or lighter periods :-/ I have "IBS" or atleast that's what they diagnosed me with because they couldn't find anything else to explain my digestive symptoms. However, I don't have spasm or other symptoms and at the time the two issues weren't put together.....X

You may also like...